Polyphonic Digitakt via Retrokits RK-002 cable?

Sorry if my terminology is incorrect - what I mean is removing the CP, HT, etc from the MIDI cycle so those sounds don’t cut off the already playing sound of the RS, MT, etc.

I’m not sure I understanding.
An analog voice can only trigger on its particular machines?

I’m sure there’s a way to program certain midi channels to not play(I’m not certain how). To use only waveform samples in the RYTM to turn it into an 6/8 voice synth seems like it’s really undercutting the functionality of the synth…

I would like to use single cycle waveforms in the Rytm in the same way described for the Digitakt making it an 8 voice poly. I’ll then sample that into the OT.

My concern is that each track on the Rytm has it’s own midi chanel. So, when I’m trying to play a chord I’m worried that some of the notes will be cut off by the next shared voice as the RK002 cycles through the channels.

I figure that using the midi filter settings on the RK002 to block the second of each of the shared voices would solve this potential issue. I don’t have the cable yet so I’m not sure if this is even needed.

I believe there’s a way to reprogram the cable.

But it’s definitely not going to work with the Digitakt template.

Thank you for your answers @Ryan

Can anybody with a Rytm and the RK002 confirm how this might work?

I’m also thinking about gettin one in the future. Also because of the CV out which I could use to sequence some analog noise machines I have.

it is amazingly useful. i nearly bought a digitone until i saw this that i could make my own personal synths with the digitakt. such a great solution. set the lead, never touch the settings again if you dont want to. couldnt recommend the rk002 more. retrokits are also very good at getting back to you if you have issues and they will adapt the leads to suit peoples needs too.

1 Like

Have you guys been able to use the digitakt as an interface to change the settings on the rk002? I’ve tried using my digitakt and digitone. I go through all the processes described, using the settings page on chrome using my pc. When i try to use the cable it doesnt work. If i plug in a regular midi cable to digitakt midi out to midi in i am able to play the audio tracks from the midi track but when i use the rk002, nothing happens. Plz help!! Maybe i have a broken cable

@darenager I downloaded the code but it doesn’t change the pitch. I though it was something with the int vPitchFirstNote, vPitchLastNote or the vSpeedValue values but can’t make the work. Do you have the modified sourcecode for digitakt? Thanks :slight_smile:

Yes, me too. no way to make it work. Its not as simple as downloading the code and plug it like @darenager said .

Have you tried this?

Things might have changed a bit, but the Digitakt (and digitone too I guess) do provide midi power but don’t get recognized by the settings page as a midi interface afaik. I haven’t changed settings since I made that video so maybe they do get recognized now.

Either way worth the try because the way I explain it in the video does actually work. Or if you have an audio interface that does support midi power you don’t need to use the Digitakt to change settings. Just connect the black plug into the midi out of your audio interface and update the settings.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

1 Like

Hey Dave,
I watched your excellent videos. Thanks for those
I used my maschine mk2 to change setting on the cable and it all seems to work perfectly now.
It would appear you cannot use the digitakt or digitone to change settings on the rk002.
Strange thing is I was able to change setting on the rk004 that I have, using the digitakt…
Thanks again.

1 Like

*maschine mk3

Sorry I never used it with Digitakt, just Volca sample so I never modified the arduino code, it should be pretty simple to do though, unfortunately I do not have time to look into this at present due to house renovations taking place and my computers (and well almost everything else) is all packed away for a few weeks at least.

Basically you want to look at the way the mapping is done in the code for volca sample and just change the settings relevant to cc numbers on the Digitakt.

“just plug in and upload the code,” I think your comment it’s not clear. I went I bought everything thinking that i just had to plug and it will work. Fortunately, I’m a programmer and changed the code. It’s not just changing CC values either. I had to change a lot of logic too.
The code it’s a little dirty but i will upload as soon as i clean a the code. :slight_smile:

Cool, yeah guess I was assuming it would be fairly obvious that the settings for the Volca would not be the same as Digitakt, but I should have been clearer, anyway glad you got it working and hopefully saved yourself about 30 bux and a gained a lot more flexibility over the RK cable :thup:

Thanks,
Here is the code for Arduino and Digitakt if anyone need’s it. Notes and Poly are wokring :slight_smile: , now im trying to fix the sendControlChange to handle multiple voice params at the same time.

1 Like

There’s a new firmware I just saw today on Reddit

Digitakt Euclidean

6 Likes

Oooh a repo of RK-002 contributions… including an Octatrack slice trigger, I see! Cool.

1 Like

ive tried every way and watched all the videos… .i swear this is just not working. Dave Mech’s video skips over a few windows in setup. Like what to the “Track A Channel” thru “Track H Channel” on channel config page need to be set to? Also, he says to leave the auto channel as is… um what is the definition of “as is”?

Either in loopoback mode or using a midi controller, all i get is midi channel A flashing when i trigger a note, or sometimes the midi channel A just hangs and hold a white color.

The guy that posted “pretend im a child” and explain this is correct. Some of us may have different settings setup from previous projects with different midi settings.

Could someone please just write it out what everything needs to be set at instead of assuming we all have the same internal settings in midi? Im surprised Retrokits hasnt simply done this too.

Also… id like use this in loopback mode but id like both settings please.

2 Likes