Polyend Tracker Mini

I’m back to my original wish of this being called the PE Tricorder.

4 Likes

How would you even navigate the menus or the UI in general?

Tricorder would get sued so fast

If it doesn’t have buttons to be able to play notes in (like the full size Tracker) then to me it has the same enormous limitation as the M8 and I’m gonna be sorely disappointed then when it’s properly announced.

2 Likes

honestly, i don´t know what kind of thing PE is baking…i´ve just cutted the knobwheel to get the right proportions.

but my guess is: no tracker, no sequencer, just sampling, mangling and playing. maybe a 4-track audio looper…export as .pti as well.

if they wanted to make a portable tracker, it would be easier to offer a nice flat bottomcase with batterypack (and maybe a speaker) as an accessoire for the tracker

I hope its powerful enough to run PS1 games.

3 Likes

btw. the teasers remember me of the movie “gentlemen broncos”…enough time to watch until the 12th!

1 Like

A portable thing from Polyend that is supposed to endure wind, sand, dust storms and mountains. Not to mention rainfall. Right…. The Tracker falls apart after gazing at it for 10 minutes. LOL

3 Likes

This comment has got me interested:

…but with a sequencer.

But that interface pic looks :dizzy_face:‍:dizzy: and no pads is opposite to the direction I want to go in with gear.

My OP-Z was trying to unbend itself when this thread started :banana: but in reality it has a mic, line-in, 8 audio tracks with polyphonic samples, and super intricate sequencing, so I think it is safe.

If this Tracker Mini can do some rude granular and beat mangling at a good price then it might be a future purchase. Otherwise saving my pennies for synths and a mixer.

1 Like

The image above was confirmed at legit and it shows the tracker UI, and the fact it’s called ‘Tracker Mini’

A battery case add on accessory for the existing Tracker would not make it portable, not even remotely

1 Like

ok, are you sure? because i´m not…but anyway. if this “tracker mini” is the real product…can´t type it

Maybe now the NES emulator will control properly rather than the reverse to how it should. :smiley:

If they throw in a GBA emulator I’ll get it just for Pokemon.

1 Like

Yeah curious about the buttons and ergonomics of playing it flat on a table. Part of what I love of the M8 is ease of use flat or handheld, this is bigger but due the small buttons seems like it might have worse ergonomics for both hand held and desktop. Bigger screen is attractive though, I could see getting it if the midi side of it is strong and desktop playability is there… was never attracted to the grid on there tracker as I prefer to use my own midi controllers for note input.

Lots of hot key combos you have to file away in your brain on M8 though, I could see this being attractive for someone looking for less mental load also.

That’s not true. It’s super easy to navigate. You get the grip in 1 hour.

Yeah I mean for me I have the microgranny so I am good. I just grab it and carry it around when I go outside and the 8bit sound of it makes field recording samples sound F’n amazing.

Then I just record the sample into the DAW and done. It’s a fun thing to do while walking the dog.

1 Like

I actually think the size and shape of the buttons look pretty good on this. Somebody was inadvertently spot-on earlier when they referenced a TI calculator. One of the (few) things I don’t love about the M8 is the tiny screen pushes you toward handheld use, but the mechanical keyboard keys are better for tabletop use. I wish it had a dpad and face buttons like an actual videogame controller (smaller, stiffer, shorter travel, closer together), so you could more comfortably rest your thumbs on them.

I keep pestering them about adding a sequencer and having multiple tracks and turn it into a groovebox but they aren’t gonna do it.

I sold my MG when I moved and kind of regret it. Fun box for sure.

Maybe this Tracker Mini is what I’m after.

:recycle:

3 Likes

Yeah no knock on the M8, I’ve had it since launch and its my main/favorite sequencer, but some of the key commands like the mute/solo stuff and filling values evenly between a selected range I have forgotten how to do quite a few times at this point, having the release order of buttons be part of how the mute and solo gets held to me is a sign it could use a few extra buttons.

yeah I could see them being decent… although the video game player in me is scared by the look of the Dpad… looks clumsy as heck with the button in the middle, I mean how am I gonna get Ryu to do a fireball let alone a shoryuken :rofl: but yeah given I mostly use M8 desktop (I’ve got good eyes I guess) I could see the appeal of a bigger screen, but the buttons could be too clumsy for me… I suppose we will soon learn more.

1 Like

Agree on that – there’s no reason for the thumb to have to move that far to change direction.