Polyend Tracker

He didn’t…

1 Like

Nice beats, that’s what trackers are for!

2 Likes

Sarah Longfield performing with the Polyend Tracker.

She’s set straight to work composing with her Polyend Tracker. A PT seems like a perfect match for her musical performance style – Though i expect it’s a lot to do with the fact that the tracker methodologies and those specifically on the PT will fit in with a lot of people’s musical style.

In specific, Sarah has a very particular rhythmic ornamentation in her compositions. She also has expressed in the past that she has no knowledge of music theory in musical composition. I don’t think she needs it. One doesn’t need analysis when you really know just what sounds good to you, and has practice creating that sound.

An aside about the guitar:

The guitar is a Sarah Longfield Edition Strandberg 7 string. Notice this is a multiscale guitar – it has fanned frets. One thing i don’t know is how she gets so many different tones from the guitar.

6 Likes

But only in Performance Mode. Nothing that is saveable

Looks like Nick from Sonicstate will be going over Tracker with the Polyend team tomorrow (8pm CET Saturday 25 April) as part of the Superbooth Home Edition:

15 Likes

This thing

1 Like

Midi testing yesterday with the Analog Four (I think those two will make a very great couple !) :

6 Likes

PT is going to be a smashing hit seller! I am moving away from screens for music again at the moment, of course I will be back at some point with a PT :diddly:

3 Likes

The Solid State stream is live. Someone asked in the chat about sample time, and Polyend responded “it’s 133 second but we will make it 266 with a bit of wav compression (we call it lofi mode - it’s not that lofi tho)”

So I guess that is 2.22 minutes standard, 4.43 minutes lofi.

4 Likes

No sd-card streaming, any good reasons for that?

Hoped for a some sample editing in the video.

Good video from Piotr and Nick.

Another thing i will note, when Piotr is talking about the Granular synth part (about 4/10ths of the way through) he says, “It’s a full blown Granular synthesizer apart from it’s only one granule in this time.” I think he means “at this time”, which says to me they are considering making expansion to the Granular synthesizer.

4 Likes

…they wanna track you with that :yum:

1 Like

Or « one granule at a time » ?

1 Like

Trackers :slight_smile:

Have they said much about effects (not tracker effects in the pattern) for this yet, other than the destructive ones you can print onto a sample? All the videos I’ve seen before had a reverb send, but in this demo its a delay send. It kind of looked like there was a limiter, a delay and a few empty slots on the master channel?

There is bit depth on the output, so you can get crunchy like Jaws…
But not watched that particular vid, just old ones (!)

I was only able the catch the first part of the video, hopefully I can watch the rest if it later. I believe in the chat they mentioned that there is a delay, but not yet a reverb, as that will depend upon how much power the system can handle.

anything about modulation Fx, I’m tired of the same old delay, reverb duo, I want fx geared towards making sample mangling more interesting, not talking about distortion or bitcrushing/decimating either

What do you want then? Phaser, flanger, chorus, etc? It would be cool to have these thing available like on OT

2 Likes

an expanded suite of midi fx would be great.

on the audio side glitch fx, frequency dividers, side chains, time stretching would be nice, multi frequency fx like stuff that would allow you to reverse the top frequency while keeping the midrange untouched, and glitch out/stutter the lower frequency…

anything that would make sampling more interesting… like transient detection on the slicing

1 Like