Polyend Tracker

Has anyone found the manual online yet?

In social (YT/IG) comments, they were officially saying to expect it on announcement day, but the links aren’t live on the product page. Anyone found a PDF yet?

1 Like

Maybe this has already been addressed in the thread, or in the loopop video and I missed it, but does this thing allow you to microtime trigs or is it all locked to a straight grid?

I think the ability to highlight a section/step (preview/edit too) and bounce it to a single sample is a great feature to get extra mileage from the 2fx per step albeit in mono.
Like the OP1 in that regard but still useful when building a track.
I’m liking it more and more, should not have returned to this forum. Looking forward to it for sure!

2 Likes

While the bouncing feature is great, you will run into the memory limit (8MB in total) and the limit of 48 instruments max. quickly.

1 Like

There is micro timing, upon recording via midi it is automatically input as fx lane and can be added to a step as usual too.

True but if you build from the ground up rather than just dumping in lots of stuff you might not need it could lead to some serious exploration in sound design.
Not disagreeing with you, I’d like more ram and at least 4 fx lanes but as is it’s a nice thought.
EDITING Might be nice to have an option to use just 4 tracks and use the spare 4 lanes of fx to affect those also. Chin stroker

I looked on the site earlier in various ways. All dead links :pensive:

Audio Chocolate has it up for 1098 AUD :grimacing:

So this landed, wonder if he did it on the PT?

2 Likes

Honestly that’s $100 cheaper than buying direct from Polyend at the moment…
Edit… wonder if it comes with the hardcase preorder bonus, bet it doesn’t
Also if you are thinking of buying one, pm me as I have some information that could save you some money :+1:

Unsure whether to drop the cash on this, I sold my OP1 for enough money to buy this and the model:cycles… pretty good trade.
I actually made money on my OP1 after 3 years of ownership :laughing:

3 Likes

If you are from Canada, its cheaper buying from Moog audio versus ordering from Polyend. 815$ + tax VS 945$ (including shipping) + duty + tax

1 Like

On the Polyend site I see that the preorder for $599 USD comes with the hardcase, pretty nice!

3 Likes

Why not just get another OT? Even if PT upped its sample ram, would it even be close to what is on offer by the OT? As a owner of a MPC I wouldn’t trust the MPC to handle long stems like a OT, so better with the devil you know.

I preordered. This thing looks and sounds awesome.

1 Like

Yea.
I’m actually considering that. Was just talking to a friend about it. If a good, cheap deal pops up, I just might.
Once the global uncertainty is a little more relaxed.

1 Like

Yeah case looks sweet, but I would pay roughly $120 more to buy the case, if I order from Polyend. If I order local I avoid import tax, but don’t get the case :thinking:

1 Like

exactly my thought, the case seems to be worth is…

8 posts were split to a new topic: M8 Tracker