Polyend Tracker

I’m curious if people having issues with the filter character have turned off antialiasing. The antialiasing eliminates a lot of the warble.

I’ve gathered together a bunch of tracks that I’ve written with the Tracker over the past few years, and compiled them into an album. Here it is for all of you fine people to love/buy/rip to shreds.

p.s. very conveniently it is Bandcamp Friday. Legitimately a total coincidence.

https://cowtonguetacorecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-glasgow-coma-scale

5 Likes

The only new feature I want is program change receive. I would like to change tracker patterns via midi with my elektron gear. It is pretty lame that that wasn’t ever implemented on a groovebox style device from the start.

1 Like

That and cupholders.

4 Likes
8 Likes

That brought back some very old and warm memories about my time with my Amiga (My Computer route being Vic20, Commodore 64 then Amiga before the dullness but necessities of PC’s took over!)

1 Like

now this is the kind of communication regarding the offline EQ that makes me frustrated with polyend. one would think that if it was intentionally imperceptible for some reason, they would have cleared it up a long time ago. this just feels dishonest. not to mention the weird gaslighty “more subtle than you are used to” as if there is some kind of secret EQ that adjusts a frequency range by +/- 12db with no audible effect

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did respond somewhere before. I think where they could improve is surfacing conversations.

That’s a good idea. In Renoise there’s a global headroom setting, and it in fact defaults to -6db. I actually turn it up myself, because I tend to use samples that I previously created with the OT and other hardware, so I already have the volume pretty low across the board.

But yeah, if it defaulted to -6db or so it would probably make less people run out of headroom

your record is f**king awesome! I love it. Shows off what the Tracker can do. You’ve inspired me; I have a ton of songs I’ve done on the Tracker, some of which I’ve posted here. Gonna put them all together and release it on bandcamp because, well, I want to be like you when I grow up.

8 Likes

That sounds like it could be dry Polish humor though. Beefing them up so they become audible = admitting that the current EQ is inaudible.

1 Like

I want to be like him too - mainly so that I can stay in the shittest hotel in Scarborough (watch the tour video on his YT if you didn’t already)

1 Like

alright, humors fine. if it is humor, its being used to deflect a glaring issue rather than accepting responsibility, so end of the day its the same situation.

and that contradicts him saying that they technically work, so either way its poor communication once again.

seems to me like a no brainer to at least include in the manual description of the effect something to the effect of “we made such a subtle EQ you may not even notice it” if it was indeed intentional. not hidden where nobody can find it.

Thanks very much! Definitely get those tracks out there!!

I think Tracker sounds ok, as others have said keep a bit of headroom and it sounds fine.

I also think comparing it to a PC tracker isn’t fair, it is more akin to an Amiga tracker.

The biggest issue for me is the midi sync, but that is supposed to be getting fixed.

I’m sure on the old GitHub where I raised and discussed numerous bugs, I saw a reply from Polyend dev that did state the faulty EQ was a bug

1 Like

I’m very confused by the eq complaints. Running the latest OS the global eq absolutely works at each band. Is there a different eq people are referring to?

I’m assuming it’s the bounce down effect
The compressor is certainly a bit crap.

There’s an effect EQ you can apply destructively to a sample