Polyend Tracker

It’s the knob the only knob they got !

1 Like

op-z inspired

Slightly off topic, and you’re probably aware If you have a monome, but there’s a Max for Live version of MLR.

I also have a Max for Live patch made by someone in the monome community that does the same thing for a monome 256, that has rows for 10 tracks/clips and also has a stop clips row, and a track mute row, and session view navigation built in.

It’s row based, so you fire clips in an ableton row/scene, which it maps vertically on the monome (so they’re easier to chop/mash), and you can navigate to the next, previous rows using the nav buttons. You can then start and stop clips from that scene scene (up to 10), and mash them across each of the 10 monome rows - the remaining rows being stop, mute, blanks and navigation.

It hasn’t been updated since Live 9.5, but if you’re handy with Max and Live device scripts it shouldn’t be too much work to update for Live 10.

3 Likes

Yeah this could be the device that makes me leave the OT behind.

1 Like

I kind of like teasers where they’re actually telling me something, although a bunch of movies where a kid plays with clay is also cool, I guess. Also, I’m old. So there’s that, too.

5 Likes

I am genuinely intrigued by whatever this is. If it’s a micro version of the Polyend sequencer with a granular sampling engine I am very much on board with this. Battery powered and I will be selling my OT which I never imagined I would do.

2 Likes

If this thing makes me sound good, then I’m in. If this thing makes me sound bad, then I’m out. Jokes aside, why did the chicken cross the road?

1 Like

Still a bit off-topic, but the Monome norns sound computer can also run standalone MLR. Norns was even partly born because of the need of running Monome grid software standalone. There’s even a MIDI to grid hack if you only have a Launchpad or similar.

1 Like

Yeah… I still have my 128 varibright and flux with the re:mix patch. Even donated to the developer. I use it mainly to jam stems from tracks I’ve made.
I could not justify the spendy norns box despite many urges to buy. I don’t code and it all seems a bit above my IQ.

I rarely go full drool over new gear but this one seems different and coming from an innovative team like polyend is what has me holding my breath… I’m damn near blue in the face.

2 Likes

I used to run MLR on nomone (no money lol). It was an app that lets you run monome apps on a novation launchpad.
If this is a standalone MLR then yeah I’m buying it

5 Likes

From time to time, I circled the monome + Norns rig. Money and a SOS review eventually made me let it go. But I still dream about it.

2 Likes

On that concern, have you seen the project to make a diy Norns based on raspi? Looks like it does the same job for quite a lot less https://llllllll.co/t/fates-a-diy-norns-dac-board-for-raspberry-pi/22999

6 Likes

I once managed to shut down the entire building where I live, when all I did was change a light bulb. When it comes to DIY stuff, I’m a greater liability than Trump on a bad Sunday.

17 Likes

I have considered sometimes a Polyend Seq to my Blackbox, just because it’s so damn beautiful. But it’s overkill, again with the money, and I know I’d eventually realise it’s more lovely than it’s functional. And we all
know how that shit ends. On Reverb, myself cutting the losses.

8 Likes

Because he liked the sounds from the other side! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I built a 256 from 40h kits over 10 years ago, couldn’t afford to get one of the 256 batches. I’m not good with Max for live patching either, which is why it hasn’t been updated since Live 9.5.

If this does end up something like a standalone MLR type box, I’ll be stoked.

3 Likes

Im going the diy monome root. Going to be a lot of fun :slight_smile: I think the DIY ARC will take a while mind.

5 Likes

I actually know mlr quite well. tore it apart several times and customized it to hell and back. played out with that for five years or so. but I’m less interested in using the computer so much for writing these days (let alone max patching), and don’t play out. SO… point being YES a standalone mlr box would be awesome!

5 Likes

I listened to the demo/trailer. I must be missing something.
Same with rampler , I just hear breakbeat being chopped up.

Dammit. I’ve been so wrapped up with the Elektron teaser I just backburnered this, thinking it would be revealed by the time I got back.

I’m too tuckered out from the previous teaser to speculate on this thing.

The potential seems cool from all the videos, all of it hinges on its UI.

2 Likes