Polyend Tracker

Nice quick guide for beginners

2 Likes

This is super cool. It can load samples, has a nintendo synth and a 4OP FM synth. 8 tracks. Self contained little album making Tracker environment with alternate piano roll view. Itā€™s quite fun and endearing.

Just something to make music on while all of your Trackers bug out, freeze, and break apart :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Iā€™ll definitely test that one on my 8" micro laptop, thanks @williohm

Found this one as well while checking vids about pata tracker on youtube: Deflemask.

https://www.deflemask.com/

DefleMask is a cross-platform and multi system chiptune music tracker. The first of its kind in history.
It is available for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android! (currently testing Raspberry Pi builds and dreaming about a Switch release!)
With it you can produce video game music for many old school game-consoles and computers.

All the sound is produced in real time directly from emulators!
Systems supported so far: Genesis, SMS (+FM Sound Unit), GB, PCE, NES (+VRC7), C64, Arcade, NeoGeo

I follow the Deflemask dude on instagram and his product seems real nice. I imagine Iā€™ll give it a go in the coming months.

Related to the supported .it format. Is there any batch converter for .xm to .it format? I have a ton of (miserable) tracks, which Iā€˜d like to convert for the PT.

Letā€™s return to the actual topic of Polyend tracker :wink:

Created this groove with it. I recently got it from Polyend to explore it and create a video if I like it. And I do. Even though itā€™s limited in a lot of ways I can see where the power lies. With this groove I tried to explore the functions to get more familiar with the instrument. Next time I plan on doing some more extreme stuff. ENjoy :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Even though itā€™s limited in a lot of ways

In music creation the limitations are nearly always human.:wink:

1 Like

Preaching to the choir here ;). The quote should also be a bit longer hehe
Limitations in this case are a positive thing. As with any instrument.

1 Like

Thats why i ditched the Isla S2400 in favour of the Sp1200 reissue. My bankroll is also more limited now. And thats also Positive as i have less GAS!

2 Likes

The ā€˜limitationsā€™ in the Trackerā€™s capabilities certainly never limited my enjoyment in making music on the thing nor my enjoyment over the music I made with it :0)

2 Likes

All my Tracker delay jams are now on Youtube in one video:

5 Likes

Free food for your Trackers

4 Likes

How do you delete recordings (samples) on the Tracker?

Thanks!

Think you have to go into usb mode and delete from the computer. Or just sd card removal to computer and delete like that.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a bit annoying.

But thanks for the info.

Thatā€™s a nice sounding track. Did you use something like an Analog Heat, or similar in the audio chain? I donā€™t mean the samples used in the production.
:robot:

This is a small quality of life detail really, but itā€™s something Iā€™d really like to see fixed. Itā€™s pretty easy to end up with a lot of samples on the card, especially if youā€™re experimenting with the radio, and having to bring a computer in to delete and clean up is a hassle.

Thinking about it from a Tracker perspective, Iā€™d happily sacrifice the game player to have a functioning copy of Midnight Commander on boardā€¦

2 Likes

:wave: Iā€™ve created a tool for exporting Polyend Tracker projects to MIDI. I would really appreciate if you gave it a try and share your feedback ā€“ https://polyend-tracker-midi-export.onrender.com/

Itā€™s still a beta so there might be bugs.

I never tested it on big projects with lots of samples though, as I mostly use the Tracker for sequencing external gear (if you run into issues with time outs try uploading you project without instruments folder, since instrument files typically take the most space and are not really needed for midi conversion).

What is supported:

• exporting song arrangement as a MIDI file
  • exporting patterns as separate MIDI files
  • chord FXarp FX

What is not supported:

• velocity (I have plans for adding it soon)
  • instrument names ā€“ currently every exported midi track will be named ā€œInstrument Nā€, where N is the number of the instrument
  • microtiming
  • microtuning (not even sure if midi supports it - gotta check)
  • probably something else that I did not think of yet xD
12 Likes

Welcomeā€¦ Neat idea!
Will give it a try, when I get a chance.
Thanks.