Polyend Tracker

This, on the M8 in particular, is what puts me off getting one.

Obviously muscle memory on any piece of gear is a given but It appears on the M8 that there’s so little to actually do and i wonder if operating it would get boring.

With that said the Polyend Tracker is my first go at using a tracker. Maybe that’ll alter the perception & the appeal of the M8 for me.

The structure and interface on the M8 is so consistent and stream lined it’s ridiculous. After a few hours you’re just blazing around on it. The nonexistent threshold between working on song structure and minute details in the phrases is particularly impressive.

Sold my PT after a couple of weeks with the M8 headless, it was so much more fun to work with. Plus I got sick of waiting for Polyend to get the synch problems in order. A prospective fix has been slipping from 1.3 to 1.4 to 1.5 to 1.6 and still counting.

3 Likes

which are you guys enjoying more for sample based concoctions/ between the M8 and PTracker?

Man, I’m watching more videos of the M8 and GAS is hitting hard.

Elektron, hire the Dirtywave dude(s) to make a new small box.

2 Likes

Yeah man that and the portability is the whole appeal to me. Ultra fast workflow is a great path to releasing to a lot of music.

1 Like

Off topic but ppl exploiting chip shortages or just the greed in general is pretty fucked

I dunno, that listing gave me a chuckle. I say well done.

That particular listing has become notorious on the Dirtywave discord. Apparently every time it pops up, under different sellers, the same exact photo always gets used

I muted the M8 thread just so I wouldn’t have to hear about it constantly and now it’s all up in the Polyend Tracker thread. SMH

6 Likes

Just turned my Tracker on for the first time and get a blank white screen.

I can play a demo and adjust master volume but that’s it.

Any advice, info or just send it back?

Have you removed the power cable from the back of the Tracker? That ‘solved’ the type of problem you’re having for me on several occasions.

Just pull it out whilst powered on?

When I had white screen it wouldn’t shut off so yeah I pulled it out while still powered on. Can you shut yours off with the power switch?

Yes it turns on and off from the power button.

And when I turn the data wheel different pads light up. If I press Perform the first row of white pads light up.

But I just can’t get to see anything on the Display.

Wondered if there was a screen brightness/contrast setting.

Very frustrating. In over 30 of buying gear I’ve only bought a dud twice before.

It sounds like it’s legit broken to me :0(

1 Like

Boo!!

If I was a gambling man I’d be willing to bet that just about everyone who frequents this thread is smarter and wiser than me. Perhaps they’ll come through with some kind of fix?

1 Like

Didn’t someone earlier in the thread have a similar problem, that was fixed by opening the unit and re-fixing the ribbon cable for the screen? Somehow it had come loose.

1 Like

Thanks people.

Just going to return it for a replacement.

Have to say though, even without getting to use it I love the size, look and feel of everything.

2 Likes

Just got mine, happy to say everything is working properly with my unit.

I started out on fast tracker back in the 90’s and haven’t really used trackers since early 00’s.

After messing around for a total of 3-4 hours I am navigating pretty fast and fluid. Haven’t looked at the manual yet. Also loving the music that’s coming out of this thing! Rather inspiring experience so far!

It’s really great to get away from the computer/other stuff and sit in a sofa or somewhere comfy and just focus on the Tracker by itself.

6 Likes