Polyend Tracker

If anyone is running a Blackbox and a Tracker together, I would be interested to hear your thoughts about you have them wired up.

I am thinking of sending transport from the Tracker to the BB, but having them each use their own internal clock given the Tracker clock shenanigans that are possible. I am not a tight sync fanatic, so that will probably also help. :smiley:

Also, being able to render Tracker stems then load them into the Blackbox could be pretty fun too! :upside_down_face:

Polyend Tracker artist edition is now sold out on the Polyend website.

1 Like

I find the clock from my BB (and my Bluebox, too) to be rock solid… however, I’m not a fan of pushing the “PLAY” button on a box that I’m not working in at the moment. Feels weird. I’d love to keep the clock from my BB and transport control from the Tracker but that setup won’t work. And, obviously, if you make use of the tempo FX on tracker you will probably want to use it to control clock on both devices anyways.

1 Like

Thanks! I feel the same way. I am still in learning mode, but at some point I will get the pair set up.

Still so many things to try out with just the Tracker. Its excellent UI belies its depth!

1 Like

not sure if this was posted but Ron is the Don so here it is

5 Likes

Found these on another elektronauts thread, that someone has kindly made. Might be worth trying on the tracker:

4 Likes

There was talk of Swing being implemented. Will this be per track or a global amount?

It’s in the new beta. It’s per pattern. Just use one FX slot to get it going.

3 Likes

Cheers Craig. Thats great for jazz etc.

2 Likes

Not great for people who can’t stand jazz though.

2 Likes

I suppose it would even be possible to have multiple swing settings throughout a pattern. I never tried it. Also, I never tried having different Swing FX on the first line of each track. I wonder if each one would be accepted or if it would cancel or average out?

2 Likes

That would be cool. It would mean you could do solo instruments without being boring.

1 Like

Hahaha…good post.
I like jazz tho. I LOVE jazz.

I DONT, however, understand swing. Any time I try to use it…what I’m doing sounds like absolute garbage. Any tips/tricks on usage of swing?

1 Like

let’s examine this quote by ol’ Duke:

“It don’t mean a thing if it ain’t got that swing.
(Doo-wah, doo-wah, doo-wah, doo-wah,
Doo-wah, doo-wah, doo-wah, doo-wah)
It don’t mean a thing, all.”

…so you see: no swing = no thing

i hope that helped! =)

6 Likes

hold on with both hands. pump your legs.

4 Likes

not tracker specific, but a very well articulated + easy consumption based explanation that can be applied to any beatmachine.

7 Likes

Not even a little.

@HiGrade1 as useless. Thanks.

2 Likes

Some more Tracker + Modular fun right here. Just a short loop for the fun of it.

EDIT: I added a link to some free samples in the video description :wink:

6 Likes

I think it’s global. Per track would have been super dope though… I love that on the Octatrack!

1 Like

Really nice… though I feel like my heads hurting trying to convert this info into my Octatrack and or other machines…

I guess the basis of it is to attain seperate swing on each track which Octatrack can do. The problem comes with grouping the swing into 3/2 and so on… will have to investigate some more… thanks for sharing!

1 Like