Model:Samples wavetable pack

I just made a pack of wavetables for use with the Model:Samples, download the pack for free here:

www.toyboxaudio.com

There are 120 waveforms in the tables so you can use the 120 steps of the ‘sample start’ control to select the wavetable position. Each table is saved with 2 different pitches: C2 and C4.

There are 142 Wavetables in the pack covering FM tones, phase distortion (Casio CZ style waveforms) analogs sweeps and some chunky digital tones, some really useful stuff there for sound design.

To use the wavetables just load a wavetable on to a pad of the Model:Samples then set the ‘sample length’ parameter to 1 and turn on ‘loop’. Adjust the ‘sample start’ parameter to set the current position in the wavetable. You can set the ‘sample length’ parameter to larger values than 1 to introduce some deeper harmonics and add texture. Modulating ‘sample start’ and ‘sample length’ can produce some great sounds.

34 Likes

@CatsNoCry - re your thread of last week. This is what you re looking for!

1 Like

Will M:S cleanly modulate wavetable position?

Yeah seems to work pretty well :slight_smile:

Neat and cool, thank you. I’m about to completely whittle down, rethink and reorganize my sample pool and these will be a cool addition to have on board for my new approach.

1 Like

Curious to try tomorrow if this’ll also work with Rytm. From memory it also has 120 steps in the sample start point.

2 Likes

Thank you for not forgetting about me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much! I just tried it and I really liked it. In 15Mb, you have packed a powerful sound potential. These sounds have permanently settled in my M:S :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brilliant :slight_smile:

thanks! downloading now.

1 Like

I imported them into Rytm, great sounds. I was lacking some good bass patches, made about 10 with these samples. Good quality stuff @DavidToybox

It works quite well playing around with lfos on the looping parameters to get some movement out of them. In a couple of patches I looped a small fragment somewhere in the middle, for example starting point 50 and end point 60. The way the samples are recorded, quite static in the middle, they loop great, but when you modulate the end point with an LFO (so fluctuating a couple steps up and down) the loop stays in key and doesn’t have any clicks but gains some small sound fluctuations. (Longwinded explanation I know haha, tired brain here:)

1 Like

many thanks tips hat

Many thanks for these. Gonna give them a bash on the Polyend Tracker at some point.

1 Like

Thanks for these! I just went through them and they sound great, a more than worthy addition to the M:S! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Great! Good to here these work well with the Rytm also :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are really great, thank you!

1 Like

Thanks so much! These are great, really enjoying the FM ones in particular. With longest possible LFO on position, rolling a lot of top off and plocking sample lengths in the first little range for texture I found some wonderful possibilities.

Setting a simple sequence with the FM ones & sample locking adjacent samples in the list gives really nice tonal variation because of the way you’ve set it up, thanks again

2 Likes

Yes, the FM tables work well

1 Like

CZ wavetables are great. Thank you very much!