Polyend Tracker

yeah, it’s a shame you are not enable to disable the note off messages in the note live record mode, as it seems to work fine when you live record in the instruments mode (it does bug out from time to time still tho)

i get around having to program in off messages by setting my envelopes with no sustain and adjust the decay and release to my liking, that way it’s kinda the inverse, when it holds down the note it’ll kill off the sound, and when you insert a note off message (releasing the envelope) it will let the sample play !

2 Likes

Juno has a B-stock. Be careful tho, as I sent my old one back to them due to a dodgy jog wheel (still awaiting a refund too). It might be the same one :grimacing: You could always call them up and check the status of it first. Otherwise, I think it’s June!

2 Likes

Good question. I have a feeling we are waiting til July.
By that time the M8 will also be in the running :-s

1 Like

The M8 whats that?

Thanks. I usually only buy new. Not too long a wait. :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

These tracker things. They seem to be all short stabs of sound. Is this their limitation?

Email Polyend and they will answer your questions. They are very friendly and helpful.

2 Likes

not at all. check around youtube, plenty of long form drones and ambienty stuff

2 Likes

Jareks just got back to me. The AE is still in stock he says.

1 Like

Yes, limited sample time per project. 133 seconds if I remember correctly, though there’s a low quality import mode too now for extended samples. But for drums and a few melodic samples, chords or pad-like beds there’s more than enough memory. I’ve never run out but I’m always quite careful about the limits - there’s a great feature in the Sample Loader that projects how much memory will be used for each new sample you’re considering adding. Current loaded samples are shown as a white bar, new ones in red until added, so there’s a really good overview of what’s what.

5 Likes

Cheers Craig. Ill do a bit of research. I stumbled on this video and my ears went WOW!

https://youtu.be/pHX7vHYBmLM

BOC in a box!

2 Likes

I am sorry, I have no idea what this means.

Artist Editions?

1 Like

Right, but who or what is Jareks? And where are the special editions in stock?

Jaceks i meant. I have no idea. I thought it meant Anniversary Edition. Ive asked him for a link.

Yes

Bananas lol

Well it’s all good if you want an AE (Artist Edition), extra $$$ for the paint job. (who doesn’t like bananas).

Seriously though if I were Polyend I’d be hot-footing the production. Doesn’t make sense to be out of stock of the normal version, while Artist Editions are being promoted around the Web. I know things ain;t exactly normal in the world and hold ups occurring everywhere, but with direct competition incoming from the M8, they’re losing a window of time to shift more units.

1 Like

I think they are trying. They know there is pent up demand.

People will just have decide for themselves whether to be patient and get an AE or another product. Same as always!

2 Likes

Who’s to say they aren’t in prod. Takes a bit of time to get parts, make parts, assemble, box, distribute…etc :wink:

I waited 8 months for a Mordax DATA :slight_smile:
Looks like it’ll be 3+ years for a Cirklon :grimacing:

3 Likes