Polyend Tracker

Sweet! That’s a no-brainer.

Update: midi mapping bonus!

1 Like

Pretty excited about this box. Trackers help my ADD lol! Fast work flow.

1 Like

Agree…Aphex also used a Cheetah…no one else got one to sound like that. :wink:

1 Like

Link?

Not a lot had one or could deal with the terrible interface.

There wasn’t a lot to do in 90’s Cornwall.

New aphex is on another thread ( sorry , haven’t got link right now )
Same place that he upped to before.
It sounds quite nice / early ambient style and some distorted 808’s tracks.

2 Likes

Thanks much!

[then it gets out he used the PT to make this and all hell breaks loose hahahahaha]

2 Likes

looking for Renoise user opinions…

Renoise vs. Polyend Tracker [granted no one has hands on] I’m just talking a perceptive vs.

again…I know NOTHING of trackers…

all sounds in this are samples? I know one been at this a long time. but I find I’ve never really learned anything. im only starting to now :confused:
[about fucking time]

4 Likes

as a renoise user this looks and sounds like strictly samples

1 Like

The Woodpecking Mantis is one of my favourite finds from last year.
Shits gold

I just finished the Renoise beginner tutorials…fuuuuu this shits cool!

how does PT match in terms of features. this seems pretty freakin insane. I like the way you werk in this too. [I didn’t think I would]

the ONLY issue…my eyes…holy shit my eyes. that scrolling killings my eyes. :confounded:

1 Like

I’m just starting the Renoise tutorials myself. It feels like I need to completely rewire the way I think. I don’t know if I’m up to the task. Especially when I know I can accomplish a lot of this stuff with Ableton Live and OP-Z. That being said I’ll continue pushing forward until it clicks. This feels like when I first learned Ableton! If it turns out that I like Renoise I’ll definitely put PT of my radar.

2 Likes

Woah instant buying point for me lol :wink:

1 Like

Really you can sound like that on anything it’s not really the gear but the ear :ear: but having a tracker like renoise can help ; I thought maybe installing player pro tracker would help me be like aphex but i learned it was just another tracker for me to learn and a hard one at that. I mean the you can make sick aphex pads on digitone easy :wink: polyend tracker just might be better for more hands on hardware people who have always wanted tracker capabilities.

2 Likes

this shit just clicks with me…I didnt think it would at all. it looks so uninviting.
but I felt like it just came to me super quick.

sucks…I can’t afford shit ha ha ha :sob:

3 Likes

i’ve been using trackers for over ten years now and started because i couldn’t afford shit :joy:

now i can mildly afford shit and still keep multiple trackers in my arsenal and routine

2 Likes

Same! I just started making music with Renoise and its presented workflow is so copesetic with the way my brain works. I’m still getting the flow of everything, but its so easy to string together ideas in Renoise, experiment with different motifs, and Renoise sorta forces those ideas to work within the track you’re creating.

Renoise is the best. I’m holding off from buying a shirt until I can make an album with it :smiley:

6 Likes

Yea I kinda just gotta let it set in. I put together my first basic beat and synth line. I loaded Renoise into my old MBP because my new MBP doesn’t have the f keys :sob:

How long Have you been using Renoise?

Since around the Elektron MC reveal.

Not actively because of work/life/plague. I’d say the first week I explored it I recognized it’s ideal. I, just over the past few days, made my first non-BS track on it, it’s definitely one of the better tracks I’ve made over the last few years- the software just made everything so easy to keep in mind.

3 Likes