Polyend Tracker Mini

44.1k only, I almost exclusively work in 48k but it’s easy enough to convert. In my testing, it requires a higher buffer than I’d normally use with my interface which is usually set for 64 samples. I just tracked out a 1:30 composition in Live and needed 256 sample buffer to record all 8 tracks with both fx without a glitch. It’s pretty handy though and I’ll take it as-is vs stereo only or no usb audio for that matter.

I still can’t get over the midi in/out and line in/out being on the bottom. That has to be one of the worst design choices I have seen in a piece of music gear in a very long time. If you have it on a desk, the cables are now hanging out the bottom and getting in the way of your wrists, other gear, and making things just way more cluttered. If you are holding it, you now have 4 cables hanging from the bottom getting in the way. Even if it’s not a big deal for some, I have to just ask why in the world did they think this was a good idea?

2 Likes

If firmware 1.7 hits like they say it will then I will likely rebuy the big Tracker. But this mini one having all the connections on the bottom seems like a questionable choice. If I’m putting it nicely :0)

Is anybody finding that stuff gets in the way? At home, do you use it with a stand?

I think it’s better to have cables hanging at the bottom when used handheld, which is the intended use of the Mini, since they will naturally fall down, instead of first going up at the top and then curve & fall down to interfere with you holding and operating the device. I don’t think controls will be optimal for desktop use, that’s what OG tracker is for, but still, you could use curved jacks and then cables will go sideways.

4 Likes

Handheld is the way to go, as such it’s a perfect location for the headphone jack.
But right now it’s sitting on top of a decksaver in from of my computer, the out jack is also just fine sitting flat.

2 Likes

and how are you guys liking the performance mode workflow on the mini?

1 Like

Good question! Performance mode is a rare thing of beauty on the OG PT.

1 Like

Don’t have a mini but I can tell you the SP-404 having the headphone jack on the bottom is brutal! At least for me!

5 Likes

Mini performance mode is easy to use and has many options for instant gratification.

1 Like

i’ve used it for quite a couple hours at this point. Since it’s so light i never felt like i had to put it down, even when laying on the couch. So no, suprisingly the connections on the bottom aren’t as bothersome as one may imagine :laughing:.

I was also part of the camp “but why on the bottom!?” btw :smirk:

5 Likes

really, if you have any good links showing it off please post

I haven’t really taken much time to make videos with it. I’ve been more into using it and enjoying for myself. BUT I did make one a day or so after I got mine. It happens to have some punch-in effects.

9 likes, 0 comments - lucasfackler on August 15, 2023: "Quality instruments deserve quality instrument preamps. #trackermini #theata 

#beats #tracker #p..."

Instagram

4 Likes

thanks, I’m just on the hunt for some clips of people really showing off the performance mode workflow on the mini and I haven’t found much, probably cause people are just getting them into hand I guess…

3 Likes

The thing with “portable devices” …on a trip am I going to bring this one box that can do this one thing, or am I going to bring my iPad that musically does everything and anything…and also let’s me check my email and read the news?

1 Like

I prefer not having distractions and unplugging from the interwebs on my music making devices.

4 Likes

Yep,that part is what I’m struggling with. Should get a tracker mini or chill out with my mini 6.

1 Like

I’ve been toying with the idea of buying a macbook and installing Renoise for travelling, since that is the tracker i know how to use. Problem is it’s not that much of a portable solution.

Tracker mini and M8 both look great but I’m trying to avoid buying gear that requires me to invest time in learning and just trying to use what i already have.

2 Likes

Maybe just to avoid stress on the headphone cable since you are mostly invited to play it upright?
I feel the same about Moog with the sideways synth biz :sweat_smile:
Irksome

1 Like

Note to self April 14th at the earlyest, and even that is a stretch

2 Likes

any videos on the tracker mini doing performance mode with external midi controllers?

it seems that no one has done it yet.