Polyend Tracker Mini

hey guys, it’s [youtuber name] here like and subscribe and I love this product, please buy it from my description plssss. it’s amazing you’re gonna be aphex twin instantly if you buy it from my affiliate link.

3 Likes

saw that.

good vibes. I wish them well.

I haven’t been sold on it just yet (due to the previous tracker) but I hope it turns out to be an amazing piece of gear.

CPU upgrade is a big one.

The slow CPU is the reason they are limited to 8 tracks and very simple synthesis. Might pave the way to some FM.

I admire your optimism

4 Likes

The buttons look pretty terrible and not fun to use at all. They look fine for, like, a button you would push once or twice, but for those tiny little F-tier plastic things to be your only way of interacting with the device? No way.

2 Likes

Stereo samples.

Right. I’m listening.

There’s got to be a new Tracker announced with all the internal upgrades, surely? Damn website won’t load

2 Likes

You won’t like it. No way to do polyrhythms/meters and no asynchronous loops.

4 Likes

Polyend have previously indicated the original Tracker would have got FM, but didn’t have enough CPU grunt.

I’m watching the Benn Jordan video and I totally want one now.

this is me marking my calendar. i will probably buy this in 365 days.

Preordered mine as soon as it appeared on the PolyEnd site.

I’m out.

4 Likes

Wow. It’s tiny.

Good luck with this one Polyend but there’s not enough there for me to be there.

3 Likes

Same, it still lacks stuff that had me sell on the original, like phrases, and more than two lanes of “FX” per step. I am curious to see how the perform mode has been implemented as that’s the only thing that I really liked when I had one, just wish there was a way to record your actions there to new pattern.

Looks fine, but yeah the price kills this dead for me.
Having a wee portable thing to make daft music on (with a screen I can actually see) is a nice idea. But I’m not paying £700 for that

Oh and the rather small point I didn’t actually enjoy using the original tracker :laughing:

The idea of the PE Tracker is really appealing to me, though I’ve bought and sold/returned twice because of the general flakiness of the software. If this new CPU lets them deliver on the promise of the original PT, I could see myself buying back in. I think I’d rather have an updated desktop version vs the Mini, though.

Watching this Ben Jordan guy interact with it looks kinda awkward pressing the buttons. I get that they needed to move away from the temperamental jog wheel though, they must be still getting sent ones to repair and needed a new design.

Can only hope a Tracker Pro is coming further down the line as this one is not for me.

agreed. that ui is not for me.

[full disclosure - I didn’t like the original pt tracker ui either so I’m not really it’s target market anywayz]

A mini push jogwheel for the right thumb would have been a winner, but those + - buttons…