Polyend Tracker Mini

What if the only sampling input is the built-in mic? Plenty of field recording vibes coming from the Polyend teaser and Benn’s short. No line in, no sample transfer. We’ve deliberately crippled this device to make you more creative. But hey, it’s stereo!

9 Likes

two straws one… mic?

13 Likes

Careful now. Mods are watching :grimacing::joy:

4 Likes

If it doesn’t have physical inputs I bet the USB-C will allow for a portable interface. Still, would have been easy to integrate I’m sure.

2 Likes

I’m against segregation fwiw. just wanted to put that out there.
fist up.

If usb c is an indication of audio over usb, did they come up with something to compete with overbridge? raising an eyebrow has no affect while posting online and it’s possible I just drew my eyebrows on crooked today but looking like mr spock with an epiphany right now.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m joking based on the promos. It’ll definitely have some kind of sample transfer or live line recording. But they’re really pushing the field recording aspect, imo

1 Like

They’re pushing it based on one teaser video?

When that and Benn is all we have to go on, I would say yes at this point. That’s the whole point of teasers right? To create speculation. Otherwise just release it and provide the manual right away.

2 Likes

Agreed, we want a manual Polyend!

1 Like

I will say this— I used one exclusively to record and produce my next album - and oh. my. gawd.

:grimacing:

It was like the heavens opened up…

:laughing:

Also…

This is a joke

5 Likes

I’m just going to assume the bare minimum of features. It will sample only from mic. No visualization of waveforms, and no sample editing. Sequencing won’t have adjustable tempo. The battery will only last 14 minutes per charge and you can’t use it while charging.

Ok, now when it is better we won’t be expecting anything.

3 Likes

On the flip side I had Google Bard generate a description for the Voice. Let’s see how accurate Bard will be.

“Polyend Voice is a portable sampler and sequencer that is perfect for musicians on the go. It features a built-in microphone, so you can sample anything you hear, as well as a microSD card slot for loading in your own samples. Polyend Voice also includes a variety of synthesis and effects options, so you can create your own unique sounds.

Here are some of the features of Polyend Voice:

• Built-in microphone for sampling anything you hear
  • microSD card slot for loading in your own samples
  • 4-voice polyphonic sampler
  • 16-step sequencer
  • Variety of synthesis and effects options
  • Portable and battery-powered

Polyend Voice is a great choice for musicians who want a powerful and versatile sampler that they can take with them wherever they go. It is also a great choice for producers who want to create their own unique sounds.

Here are some of the benefits of using Polyend Voice:

• Portability: Polyend Voice is small and lightweight, making it easy to transport.
  • Battery power: Polyend Voice can run on batteries, so you can use it anywhere, even without an outlet.
  • Versatility: Polyend Voice is a powerful sampler and sequencer that can be used for a variety of music production tasks.
  • Creativity: Polyend Voice offers a variety of synthesis and effects options, so you can create your own unique sounds.

If you are looking for a portable, powerful, and versatile sampler, then Polyend Voice is a great option.”

1 Like

I dont mind if it ends up being monostraw and not strawreo, something to look forward to next week in finding out the details :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Okay, so it’s basically the SmplTrek, but by Polyend. Let’s see who does it better.
I expect Polyend to create something amazing but crippled in an unpredictable way.

14 Likes

This is why I don’t own any of their hardware even though it all seems like it speaks directly to my soul in most ways.

4 Likes

perhaps unfortunately, my soul speaks in much the same way that it reads, from left to right.

Not entirely fair. The Tracker is truly amazing. Probably one of the most capable sample devices.

3 Likes

I do field recordings with my OP-1 Field almost every day, and with the Deluge before that.

I might be in trouble now.

2 Likes

I have their Medusa, and it’s the best synth ever. But it could’ve been so much more.

7 Likes

It’s a tracker mini with a built in mic.