Polyend Tracker Mini

:troll:

5 Likes

Lol now you’re just causing trouble.

1 Like

i left the right side a little bit broader, so it´s clearly a fake real image :wink:

1 Like

Judging by these promo titles, I imagine the Mini will be getting a new synth, so maybe the Tracker will get it as well…

1 Like

I wish they had kept those pads somehow. Even splitting them into 2 sections, left and right, so they are still accessible with only thumbs.

This is the picture I saw floating around discords, but I kinda looks more like a fan mockup, hopefully whatever input method they choose has a nice clicky feel, not a fan of the rubber calculator buttons

Edit: thought the alignment looked weird on the right side but it vaguely looks like there is a touch like strip under the fx button, maybe intended as a sorta wheel/knob replacement

8 Likes

Nah that’s it.

1 Like

Guess on price? £399?

If you are under an NDA, don’t. It doesn’t matter what someone else does unless you get clearance from Polyend.

6 Likes

looks like it could be a touchscreen :grimacing:

whoops meant to reply to the one below ya

Can you comment on changes to the software? I.e. new sample play modes or changes to how things operate?

Looks like a lot of wasted space to me.

Or just programmable buttons below the screen. Much less expensive that way.

2 Likes

That looks like one of those terrible knock off Game Boys that used to appear from time to time :joy:

Broadly what I expected though. If cheap enough, I’m interested, but I’ve got a feeling this is going to be overpriced

3 Likes

This definitely lacks the visual elegance of the Tracker.

My stupid guesses, little cheaper than the polyend tracker, less than the m8 tracker and competitive with the sp404mk2. I wouldnt be surprised if it runs same firmware as the PE tracker with tweaks for buttons/inputs/ui.

Also, hopefully no soft touch material or anything that leads to various case revisions.

So basically a Bastl microgranny, but higher res sample rate and in stereo? I just run my MG samples through stereo reverbs to widen everything back out.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m actually surprised you speak so openly about it. But I guess that’s part of the hype :slight_smile: it certainly works.

No touchscreen as far as I know and no touch strip either.

It’s an interesting take on a portable tracker though, much more of a maximalist design than the M8… the M8 works so well cuz it has a limited amount of controls that require button combos. Muscle memory takes over which makes it very seamless. This one seems clunky, but maybe it feels good in person…