Polyend Play

Phew! There is audio out. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

There is audio on the Instagram story, anyone got thoughts on it ?
Fm , samples , is it sequencing the daw ( no internal audio )?

Maybe it’s a 4 track tracker with a focus on performance ( hence all those buttons and no need to have big screen )

I’m going to guess
£350 price point
Announced within next 3 months (q1 2022)
Usb powered / usb midi
Compliments tracker.

but

Maybe something like the OXI One (sequencer etc)
OXI Instruments | ONE, the new ALL IN ONE Sequencer and Performer

2 Likes

That could be CV/gate out. Alot of stuff have cv/gate out on 3.5mm trs jacks.

3 Likes

but then it means that it has no MIDI, as there is only power and one jack, so it kinda doesn’t make sense. I kinda want it to be another sampling groovebox, but then it means it doesn’t have audio in lol.

edit: in the very first photo it looks like it might actually have another jack, so you might be right, but also my wish can also be true.

If you look on the first picture. You see holes on the sides of the unit, which would indicate that will be some additional connections there

The unit in the first picture and second picture/ig story might be different.

The buttons are different colours and have knob caps in the second leak. This might just be cosmetic but could also be a second prototype with different design.

We also can’t see the back panel on the second so there could be many connections but we only see two wires out.

1 Like

Looks just like the mockup image I have in my Photos folder…:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

A Reddit user (u/limbicbits) shared the picture and the video below of what appears to be a new gear from Polyend.

5 Likes

Certainly enough to pique my curiosity. I couldn’t quite gel with the only-got-one-knob Tracker but I thought it had a great concept/price/form and I’m all for some new dinky grooveboxes!

1 Like

so unless it is sequencing something on laptop, it’s not just a sequencer then, yay!

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be a bit weird to be sequencing something on the laptop but have the screen brightness turned to zero?

I’m clutching at anything that means this thing makes some sound…

1 Like

If it IS making a sound, it must be a sampler, I think ? Seems like synth was ruled out ?

1 Like

“Not knowing if I should post a vid showing their new product that has not even been announced”

While I appreciate the new info, from Polyend’s perspective this is kinda a crummy move if not actually agreed upon behind the scenes

Piotrek is not the kind of developer that lets a good idea go to waste, and he’s a big fan of flying lotus… this is definitely a beatmachine and I can’t wait to see what it does

2 Likes

I’m sure that is just talk to spice it up for everyone’s enjoyment.

Polyend seem very active on Instagram so I imagine this is well orchestrated.

6 Likes

Same here. I love everything about Tracker, with a recognition that the workflow is just not for me. I’m super curious to see that level of design and engineering applied to something that’s just a few degrees different.

Also, we made GearNews! LEAK! Is this a new Polyend groovebox? - gearnews.com

2 Likes

Some elektronauts quotes!!! :star_struck:

Also, with apologies to Steve Jobs, maybe it’s…

“We’re announcing three new products today. A new, more compact Seq, an inspiring new groovebox, and a groundbreaking digital synth. Three new products… are you seeing it yet?”

2 Likes