Polyend Play

Polyend shared a little something on their ig story today…

4 Likes

:eyes::eyes:

6 Likes

Looks Delugesque

3 Likes

Indeed …

1 Like

Screenshot_20220103-134245~2

Was just about to do that!

Screenshot_20220103-134245~2

ENHANCE!

ea62b4a9ef8488e674893f12742cd27730969853-01

ENHANCE!

ea62b4a9ef8488e674893f12742cd27730969853-01-01

58 Likes

:joy: :joy: nooo

1 Like

Looks like it has a bigger screen than the Deluge. Not hard to do considering Deluge only has a 4 character display.

1 Like

20x8 led pad things
15 knobs + 6 buttons
A big knob and three black/orange buttons

1 Like

The Deluge has 16x8 + 2x8 for track controls; maybe Polyend is following a similar workflow with fewer shift presses required? Mute, solo, select, launch.

Alternatively, could this just be a new, more space-saving version of the Seq?

1 Like

…this is one device I have high hopes for in 2022.

Hoping it will be my better built OP-Z replacement…one can dream.
It looks nice though!

5 Likes

Me too. I’m also an OP-Z owner with eyes on this :eyes:

1 Like

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but I really don’t know, why anybody hasn’t taken that concept and put it in a better package…

2 Likes

This is my guess, a sequencer with a lot of per-step controls on the knobs. I don’t think there are enough (non-sequencer) buttons for anything else. Also, a second groovebox with a completely different architecture would be an odd addition to their small product line.

Looks interesting. Looks like a more desktop friendly version of their Seq. I hope it has some Medusa magic in their though.

1 Like

And why not a FM focused groovebox ? A kind of multitimbral Medusa without the analog part, but with 4 OPs FM with feedback and wavetables. With unlimited patterns (the biggest weakness on the Medusa in my opinion).

1 Like

Just a reminder to the speculators … early on, someone with (apparently) knowledge of the device said:

And looks like there no audio out in the video (seems midi in/out and power only ) while Piotrek is messing with it ! So my 2 cents > is it’s a new sequencer.
Edit > wrong, you guys are right there’s audio out I thought It was a midi breakout cable (:see_no_evil:

Actually, the sequencer’s the best part of the Deluge. And Polyend’s Seq had some interesting stuff going for it, so this would make total sense.

Deluge’s blessing and curse is the fact that they seem to develop what Rohan Hill wants to develop, which sometimes creates a somewhat incoherent instrument. It still seems based on the whim of Hill’s wants, which I think is fine, actually, since Deluge was always a passion project of his that just turned into a business.

But taking pole position here with a more coherent product is probably not a bad idea.

1 Like

There is audio out on the device, we can clearly see a stereo 3,5 jack / double mono 6,35 jack adaptator.
Capture d’écran 2022-01-04 à 10.39.00
What makes me think there will be FM in there is the last Medusa Update. They added FM that nobody wanted but miss all the things that people wanted (wavetable import, a true sequencer with different patterns per preset, etc…) and just after, they announced the end of the product. For me, it’s hard to believe they created an FM engine just for an abandoned synth. It’s make no sense. Just my opinion.

3 Likes