Polyend Play

i might be on my own … but i wasnt impressed with medusa grid capabilities…
esp the sequencing… so if this is similar i hope it does much more too.

1 Like

Don’t start with the sound of it. It has its sweetspots, but booooy you need to work it hard.

1 Like

the the the core idea of medusa’s grid was genius but as with many things it all comes down to the execution, polyend are definitely not perfect but not many else are even trying

If I had to guess, it’s their followup to the seq, with more capable hardware in a product that fixes some of the seq shortcomings, like the lack of meaningful polyphony and the generally slightly-too-simplified concept. If they manage to do this while still keeping the seq’s really immediate feel, if could be a winner — especially if they put out another step/euclidian hybrid like the T-1.

1 Like

…ok…i spoil as little as possible if i say…it’ll be no next tracker but also no synth… :wink:
while the formfactor will be, somehow, some kind of familiar…

7 Likes

Thanks. I can survive on crumbs, no problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was going to say I heard (many months ago) that they were working with Aphex Twin on something. Maybe this is the result of that collaboration.

Half a secret from a brand I love is the worst thing. Exciting yet equally annoying.

1 Like

Yup. Gonna stand by my guess.

1 Like

I heard aphex twin was driving fuel trucks to save brexit Britain ….

Hang on … there’s another thread for that stuff.

A stand-alone grid based sequencer with lots of parameters / encoders like a t1 would be nice.

1 Like

lol, driving his tank to stock the shelves at tesco

1 Like

I hope it’s pasta , I just came back from supermarket and very little pasta.
I’ll survive.

2 Likes

I believe it is already listed here on this forum in the polyend tracker thread in the first few pages of the thread in the form of a special feature request… (posted for documentation purposes only)

1 Like

I just don’t understand how the ‘Polyend’ name is nowhere to be found on the Polish trademark database. Is it possible they do all their registering on some sort of EU database?

I somehow missed this thread during superbooth, this looks like a very exciting product. Hopefully the Oxi One Sequencer I have pre-ordered will be so good I never even think about getting one of these… all those knobs though!

The names of their devices are super common names too: Seq, Perc, Preset, Poly 2, Tracker. Which at the very least, makes searching for them harder in these databases.

I searched the Canadian trademark site – nothing. Hard to believe they would forego registering at all but maybe. Their business registration is official and updated yearly.

1 Like

Finding nothing also. It seems that the mechanism of the Perc may have been patented but it makes it super hard to find.

1 Like

any new hints on this device?

Becaaauuuuussseeee…? :slight_smile:

1 Like

if it turns out to be a sampling beat machine with grid features of the medusa… oh my goodness

nothing… nil… nobody??

spill the beans already!

2 Likes