Poly Effects Hector

This looks awesome!

7 Likes

Wow, looks very interesting, can’t wait for more news

These are shipping now. Next batch ships in a few weeks according to their website! I’ll definitely be grabbing one down the road.

1 Like

Beebo in a rack!

1 Like

If it had Beads on board I’d jump on that…

1 Like

it currently has MI: CLOUDS/WARPS/MARBLES/GRIDS/TIDES/PLAITS/RINGS
so it seems like theres a good chance Loki could port BEADS in a future FW update.

fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t think Beads has been open sourced yet, but it almost certainly will at some point in the future.

I’ve been staving off Hector GAS by using an ALM SBG with my Beebo to integrate it with my small rack, but Beebo only takes audio, no CV, so it’s not the same. Still, I have no space and no funds for Hector anyway :laughing:

wish it had some built in pots! Not sure why they were omitted tbh… sure you can hook up a cv module but would be nice to have them on the unit.

just noticed that preorders are now back on! Whos gonna get one?

it’s has a decently large empty cavity internally … after replacing the pedal buttons with finger buttons, my next thought is some pots to a teensy which will easily fit.

Just don’t want to rush into it before settling on a design. maybe 4 pots on the front side, or more on the sides…

/// meant the beebo, think you meant hector!

I think i read on some forum there was a pots expansion planned? i could be wrong tho, are there any expansion ports on the pcb?

that would be interesting as would avoid step down powering of the teensy, though i’d actually thought i might change the power source to USB with step up to 9v instead internally

any hector users here?
I just black friday’d one from perfect circuit. I’m looking forward to it showing up… looks promising.

It was EUR 85.50 for the import tax to France, if anyone was wondering.

I have a Hector. What do you need to know?

Would definitely recommend that you make sure it’s on the most recent firmware. The Hector has come a long way since initial release.

2 Likes

I’m wondering what the quality of the touchscreen is like, is it comparable to that of a decent modern smartphone? Or does it often fail to recognize touches or suffer from to early dropping of something you’re dragging, as some touch panels are sometimes plagued by.
(Besides the UI firmware update that Im aware of :slight_smile: )

Also now that you’ve had it for a while, any reasons you found (not) to get one? I recently acquired a disting ex, but I’m just not gelling with it and was thinking of replacing it with a Hector :thinking:

1 Like

The touchscreen is about as sensitive as a modern smartphone or tablet, I’m pretty much used to using it with just my fingers but the icons are very small, so you might want to use a stylus or something. Initially I was frustrated at how exact my touch had to be to select something (I have big Frankenstein hands), but now I’m used to it. Especially once you’ve patched everything up and it’s full spaghetti noodle time, it can be a little fiddly

2 Likes

i think a zoom function and/or larger icons would be great options.
so you can focus on complicated patches with more precision.
or if ya just got “Frankenstein Hands”.

also hoping eventually values get standardized (or refined?) across modules, as there are some that feature values that don’t seem practical - i.e., there is no such thing as MIDI Channel 2.386, but currently you could set it that way, and I can’t imagine anyone needs BPM values like 197.394, etc. Maybe someone does, so maybe an option to have the large value knob jump to large settings (pre decimal) and the small knob do fine adjustments (post decimal - 2 digit max) or a toggle for how many decimal places you want to use.

but those are minor things that don’t stop me from using mine, but definitely things I would love to see in future updates, along with all the other cool stuff Loki puts in there.

I have to say I am loving mine, I sold a few MI modules (plaits, rings, grids) and it pretty much pad for it. I am using it 50% of the time as Eurorack modules for generating sounds/sequencers and 50% of the time as (utterly suburb) fx…I sold my BEBO pedal to buy Hektor but I have it next to a Injectr module in my case for guitar input so I get the full benefit of it as a guitar pedalboard as well. Can’t wait to see what Loki does next, love top see a few more sequencers.

3 Likes

can some of the owners tell me:

is it possible to draw custom curves?

and can lfos be chained / sequenced like on the AcidRain Maestro?

thanks