Plugin-alliance discussion

It’s cleaner, bit more neutral.

2 Likes

Thx t-boi

It wasn’t always that way at all. When I got VSM3 is was $300 for quite a few years, now t’s $200 max . I think all the Unfiltered Audio were $100+. The sales have become frequent.

They’ve just moved with the times and it seems to be working.

Waves always seem to have discounts now.

1 Like

Is there any way to get hold of individual installers for your plugins - I’m running a 2012 Mac and I am loathe to bloat it with install managers and ‘helpers’ and whatnot tying up resources and (head)space ?

Either that or if there’s a 100% bulletproof uninstall method for everything associated with the installation manager then I might give it a go

I tried running the app in the dmg and created a bundled installer from which there’s nothing I can pick out - I hate these things, folk object to these for a reason, it’s a reason to avoid certain stuff (cough IK cough) - it’s annoying enough that Arturia and NI went that way - it’s one thing to make it convenient for vendors or for there to be efficiencies from the perspective of licence management etc (I’m somewhat against the grain in being fine with iLok) but when every man and his dog is doing their own thing it offsets the headaches to the end user

There are other companies working this way and thankfully there’s often access to individual installers (yay izotope) - I clearly had access to a BYOME installer at one time because if it was clear at the time you would need to load apps and helpers on a system I’d have passed

As far as I can tell there’s no need for the installation manager or helpers to validate the plugins, so this is more a convenience for a vendor and I’d suggest an inconvenience for (some) users

Is there any conduit through UA/PA to get the plugins or at least a comprehensive uninstaller (app/method) for the ‘bloat’ part ?

I understand that keeping everyone happy isn’t possible and that this approach represents an efficiency at your end, but including an uninstaller wouldn’t be that difficult surely because as you’ll witness from internet chatter it’s a fair request, especially for folk running (or trying to) lean ageing machines

quite why the generated bundle isn’t more like a Mac package that you can peak inside is probably not for you to say, but that too could have offered a compromise of sorts

this is partly what makes computers a killjoy - I just fancied some fun with the sleep buffer in SandmanPro and here we are

I don’t have high hopes for a solution here, these things obviously change for a reason too - but if there’s any way to get a reliable path (instruction/script/app/whatever) to complete ‘bloat’ removal then it’ll be appreciated - I’d suggest that this is documented alongside the ‘installer’ in future as a courtesy - and yes I realise you’re not representing PA here, so if there’s a link to SP available I missed that will be fine too as I guess it won’t be developed much and I’m sticking on my current os, Mojave, anyway

/rant

pretty sure you can just grab the demos from their respective pages and license them

1 Like

maybe that’s what i did before - will check out right now - i did explore all over but maybe not that !

individual installers on left, manager on right :slight_smile:

3 Likes

embarrasing :zonked:

:loopy:

1 Like

nonetheless, … awkward, … if running the install manager within its dmg created any mess i’d be grateful to learn about that ! :thup:

there are no plugins inside the manager to cause a mess anyway. it’s a tiny file. this one is actually handy and doesnt get in the way, unlike the arturia one :angry:

2 Likes

but it did try to install helpers on three occasions ! - so in creating what it did from within the dmg it eventually created a 200mb download and possibly some cache elsewhere ?!

I see this in another forum for anyone interested

MEGA-SALE-20OFF
you can use on the cheaperst one to make them free and its until the 3rd april i think, i havent tried.

I was looking around but i havent used the freebies i have got so far so I might not get anythign this time around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely loving Byome/Triad. I have Byome on every track, instruments, stems & also master. Mainly using it as a peak limiter, as it’s brilliant for squeezing some rms out of the signal chain.
The added ability to throw in other effects like saturation and filters etc is amazing. Because it’s already on each track by default, it’s easy to add a flanger or phaser to synth for example. Also very much like the idea of having everything contained within one plugin which (maybe) reduces the chances of latency build up. Opposed to having many separate plugins in a chain.

I bought it with experimental stuff in mind, but ended up using for bread&butter tasks which was a nice surprise.

3 Likes

When did they become Spamming Alliance?
Can’t even unsubscribe from their emails…

Unfiltered Audio are brilliant but this new business model from PA is very sad and far from what I’ve come to know them for…

1 Like

PA is the new midi chord pack … I feel you. At the end I personally bought nothing (but already have some good PA stuff).

1 Like

Love the Unfiltered Audio stuff, but lukewarm about a lot of the other stuff they offer.

The PA FB group is something else, by the way. Anything less than complementary about PA is usually met with a pretty defensive response.

2 Likes

finally I managed to unsubscribe from their mailing list, after every 2nd or 3rd email I got a day was from PA.
Still love some plugins and using bx digital eq very often for the 6db low cut / hicut or the alpha compressor. But their sales mails are just so anoying, at least looks like spam for me. Would be way eaysier to sell every plugin just for 20 EUR /USD all day long and stop sending emails everyday.

3 Likes

How ? It just won’t stop :scream:

1 Like

I have just about everything that I want from PA hence me spending my $20 mega vouchers on $10 bx pedals.

1 Like