Plugin-alliance discussion

Same here :slight_smile:

I’ve been there!

I stayed for a year, got the voucher. Didn’t realise you had to spend it all in a single transaction.

Anyway, happy with the selection I have for keeps for now. Might dip into the sales every now and again. Some of those channel strips are wicked.

Today is March 31st, and PA has promised “the next wave of PA products with M1 compatibility” to drop today.

no News announced yet. I’ve checked the Installer for updates and the only new M1 version plugin so far is the brand new UA Tails reverb.

Still no Lindell or the rest. Fingers crossed they’re still waking up and we’ll see those later today.

1 Like

Okay, all the UA stuff (16 plugins) has become available with M1 installers in the PA-InstallationManager.

Bettermaker EQ232D added.

Lindell… so far just the TE-100. :neutral_face:

1 Like

I have almost all the UA plugins and am stoked to finally get m1 versions. I also have and really like the Bettermaker and te100, so I’m happy about those. Just a few more to go.

Did a quick performance test with the new UA M1 versions.

5 tracks of audio with 5 UA devices on each (a healthy blend!) plus a Triad on the master. so 26 plugins in total.

Under Rosetta, at 128 samples buffer, Ableton (10) was using 35% CPU on my M1 MacBook Air
With the new M1 versions, 128 samples buffer, Ableton (11.1) is at 21% CPU. So, big performance gain!

3 Likes

That’s a relief! Glad to hear it. These also contained a ton of bug fixes, a new out Gain knob for Bass-Mint, and a visual refresh for G8.

I stay subscribed to test my own willpower. So far, so good. :wink:

Good to see the UA plugins have been updated to support Apple silicon. They were a noticeable omission from the first round of updates.

Lindell audio 354E best plug in my collection. Very universal and low cpu

So PA has blocked me on instagram since I asked in a comment why they’ve released a new Lindell plugin that’s Apple Silicon native while several other Lindell plugins that many people have spent a lot of money on continue to go without the relevant updates.

Bout to sell my whole account and switch to Analog Obsession, frankly.

3 Likes

That’s some bullshit. My biggest complaint is that all of their Lindell plugs are not yet Apple Silicon Native. I can only run a couple instances on my M1 before it gets bogged down, whereas on my old i9 laptop, I could run many with ease. They need to get their shit straight and finish updating their old plugs before releasing more.

2 Likes

That’s very not cool. Never saw something in that direction. Wonder if it’s NIs touch…

Not something you like to see of them

I’ve read similar comments from others. I don’t think this is a new practice for PA. Personally, I like what I have from them and I will keep using what’s working for me, but I don’t like this way of doing business and it makes me hesitant about buying anything new from them.

In good news from a company everyone loves, Freakshow Industries have apparently updated at least Dumpster Fire and Mishby to M1.

I also don’t like doing business with companies that do this. Will keep using the plugins I have, but guess that’ll be it from them.

Also spammed several times a week by pa. But which are then the brands that do great stuff with reasonable price tag (for normal people) and dont spam you or do crazy sale tactics?

I only use the Unfiltered Audio plugins and wish they were available separately. And I hate that you can only activate it so many times.

Got about half a dozen, finally got around to reinstalling them after the migration back to pc from mac, the only one I ever use is the bx Ampeg-SVT. Big bass amp/cabinet emulator, what’s not to love. Only ever use one of the speaker combos, but hey, fifty to choose from.

Not sure I follow, the UA plugins are available separately, unless you mean not via PA, in which case you can buy them directly from UA’s website.

You can unregister devices on your plugins in your PA account to activate new ones if you run out of slots.