Please post your OT hiphop futurebeats lofi trip hop and boom bap here!

Forgive my lack of knowledge,but whats rhodes?
:slight_smile:
If you mean the sample in the beginning its from the education of Sonny carson movie…

2 Likes

this is a rhodes piano im talking of the sample starting at 0:40 sounds like a sampled rhodes piano or an electric piano of some kind

Ach…ok…
No,or to be exact i dont know :slight_smile:
If im back from work,can look it up for you…
I sample mostly old jazz-funk heads for Hip-hop,so possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks.

1:45 drums come in

1 Like

better than trapeze but progress takes time. anyone have any suggestions on a good synth. any synth at all i don’t mind saving up for a virus or something for my octatrack or something more simple like a digitine or maybe a microkorg or microfreak or blofeld… lemme know!

:fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

Pretty much my only ‘lo-fi’ track - took my OT on holiday to the Norwegian Fjords and really enjoyed making this! Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good to see more people making HipHop and Boombap on the Octatrack.

I produce Modbap with an OT + modular synth

Here’s a beat I made last weekend.

9 Likes

I love your work. Keep going.

:heat:

1 Like

Hey! Thanks for starting this even though I’m a tad late!
I’m currently working on an solo OT beat tape and put out new tracks on YouTube every couple of weeks or so.

13 Likes

That was dope!
I’ll have to look you up on youtube

1 Like

Doooope!!!

1 Like

That means a ton!! Thank you!!

2 Likes

Here’s another Modbap slapper for the OT crew!
Peace y’all

8 Likes

Here is a new one!

I sampled a curvy warped 45 of a wonderful B-side some of you may recognize. These records were sourced from The White Roach Uptown New Orleans. All sequenced within the OT and recorded to a Tascam 32 - 2 track tape machine. Dbx 166 on drums! There’s some snap shots of a quick walk around my hood + elements of my workspace. Thanks for watching!

14 Likes

This is really dope!

1 Like