Pittsburg Modular Voltage Research Laboratory

This beauty needed its own thread. I’ve been particularly interested in wavefolding as of late - checking all the options out there irt modules - but this is being claimed to take it to a new level. Need a manual!!

6 Likes

It looks dope! I am hoping for some more demonstrations of the vca/vcfs

DO WANT. I’ve been into PGH for ages now. this one looks really fun.

Right. Fold a PWM? Uh. Yes please.

Reminds me of when I first tried a wavefolder and put the square out of my M32 through and thought “This isn’t that cool”. :joy:

2 Likes

Restrictions are for the dreamless:

4 Likes

I love the look & sound of this.

It almost seems like their take on buchla red panel system to a certain extent

1 Like

Price?

Around $1250 for the full setup

1 Like

It should be noted that that is the Kickstarter price. Retail will be 1599 full / 999 (boxed) voice.

3 Likes

I couldn’t resist & backed the complete system last week. So onboard with this for a self-contained deep experimentation machine

3 Likes

I just pledged 1250 for the full system. Wtf is wrong with me. It’s so wildly different Than anything I currently own. I’m hoping this will be great sample food for my RYTM.

4 Likes
6 Likes

this is going to hurt, isn’t it? :rofl:

3 Likes

I have a M3.9k and an M32. I’m good. Right? I’m good I’m good I’m good.

1 Like

it’s very pretty

1 Like

I was in Pittsburgh last week and visited their space, guy who showed me around was wicked nice, I saw all of these getting ready to go (they were even burning a few in), spent some time messing around with the new primary oscillator on the scope (I think this osc is derived from that design?), talking about how they folded a “square” wave and non-vactrol LPGs… they have some real cool products (I don’t even own any eurorack).

2 Likes
2 Likes

the synth part will also be available as blackbox. sounds and looks so great.
As does the microvolt. They are releasing really great synths

3 Likes

If I didn’t already have either one of my M3.9k or M32 Id be selling the other for this beautiful unit. It’s very impressive.

That hard synch is seriously tempting tho.

Im honestly confused by how comparably little love Pittsburg gets.

2 Likes