Pioneer Toraiz SP-16

no discounts in euroland :frowning:

1 Like

I think the MC 707 price point and demand is what is forcing the MPC Live to drop to 999US, Toraiz to drop to 899, I wouldnā€™t be shocked if the Akai Force dropped to 1299US. The MC707 is selling well.

I use my Maschine MK3 everyday. Thereā€™s so many good sounds and now that I have Komplete `12 collectorā€™s edition.

For now since I just got an Alesis Strike Multipad. I want to play live drums while doing some insane looping on the OT. And also the possibilities of live drumming on the maschine mk3 with the OT.

Maybe after property tax is paid I might jump on this 899 deal. Well let us know if you jump on the 899 deal. peace.

Whoa. No change here in Europe. But if it dropped to something similar, Iā€™d go for it.

Is it $899 here in the US? Sweetwater and Guitar Center didnā€™t drop price to $899.

A few stores that have it for $899
AMS

DJTECH TOOLS

ZZOUNDS

1 Like

So what makes it like an SP? I have an SP btw. Can I plug in an external keyboard with the latest firmware?

Ease of use ā€œfeltā€ like the same experience when I owned SP1200.

1 Like

Nice price drop for the SP-16. I was looking at it, but I found the DJS-1000 more attractive.

1 Like

Depending on the price I think sp16 2 with the sequencer tricks of the squid makes senses. The sequencer was the Achilles of it and they get all the feedback from users about how to improve it and then released a new unit the squid, which was a dick move. Since the tech now exists they ā€˜justā€™ have to smoosh them together. But they will inevitably price it high.

No price drop in the UK .

Iā€™m have a DJS1000 , the new old mpc analogy is spot on. The simplicity and sound is just wonderful.

Would get an SP at the right price . Canā€™t see a mk2 just yet but who knows with Pio

If they just put a 12bit and old school dac option on a new machine a la ISLA Iā€™d sell my soul lol

1 Like

While back dawsons had ex demos for Ā£699 and the djs for Ā£799

1 Like

Really ?? Damn missed that ā€¦ sob

There was a pretty healthy used market on fleabay- I picked one up barely used for 500 quid.

4 Likes

Is the SP-16 sequencer too forward, literally? Like you canā€™t mess around with direction, etc?

Anyone install the new firmware and can the pads be controlled with an external controller ?

Basic four bar sequencer. No independent track scale or length so you very quickly hit a wall of sorts. Loved the sampler. Pioneer took feedback from users and rather than improve the sp16 they launched a new sequencer. I admit I got caught up in the criticism of pioneer, the disappointing thing being how close they got to making the best sampler sequencer yet how far.

This is a great topic with lots of useful info.

1 Like

But it sounds good? Do you want to sample records with it all the time ? Is that the feeling you her from the sound ?

It sounds fantastic to me. Everything sounded good, synths, drums I recorded guitar direct in and it was great. I do kind of miss it, but kept OT2 as it was just a better overall instrument for me. Tbh I have recently spent much more time getting samples eqd and leveled going into OT and that helps, using heat2. It goes slightly against my rummaging ā€˜throw mud at the wallā€™ sampling style though.

1 Like

Anyone having issues with the new firmware updating ? Have followed all procedures as defined by their update protocol (USB drive formatted in a particular way etcā€¦firmware update never begins, unit sits at ā€œinsert USB driveā€

Iā€™m a bit confused as I thought you used to be able to update the device using usb A to computer? Maybe Iā€™m misremembering.