Pioneer DJS-1000

They’re good devices but have a few flaws too… if I didn’t have an octatrack i might’ve kept the sp16.

I did find a bit of latency when resampling which was more annoying as it’s not able to trim easily ( unless it’s done before the initial save ) and a few other things annoyed me

But for mixing stems / loops it’s fine

Yeah, show me a perfect device and i’ll show you the money.

I wonder if I could have used the secondary usb connector at the back for storage? Could have provided a nice back up solution

No worries, @Jigs. Glad you captured the audio and the root cause is no longer a mystery.

1 Like

I absolutely love this for sampling. Spent a bunch of time sampling my Mono Station, making folders of all the default patches…working on some Pro1 sampling now. It reminds me of sampling with the Blackbox, which is super easy and quick also.

I know there is no song mode or Dave Smith filter but love the form factor and can spend hours with this machine…so fun.

3 Likes

Are these not available anymore in the United States? :exploding_head:

I add this repro here, possibly djs 1000 can be linked to Abelton Link with a headless raspberry pi.

1 Like

Been trying to find one of these but it seems they’re out of stock everywhere… Are they discontinued?