Pictures Of Gear

That looks completely rad. Top notch post-apocalypse vibes. I am tempted to do the same to my OT (total copycat!!), but I can’t live without the trigger button numbers. Everything else could go, though.

Jam rig from this summer.

finally got this custom made thingy so it’s time to gloat and show off. saw this sometime ago on an ebay auction as a part of a set comprised of A4 + OT +
those sidepanels. then had my dad redraw it from a lo-res ebay pic to a 3d model because originally I wanted it 3d-printed, but my buddy’s makerbot died so off I went to a wood butcher and the result is this. just finshed cabling it together and the setup goes as follows:
laptop with reason 7 as the DAW sending clock to the OT then the OT is syncing the A4.
the audio connections are going as follows: the DAW is receiving audio from the OT’s main outs, and the OT is fed from the turntable on one input pair and from the A4 on the other. the A4 inputs are hooked to a minimixer which gathers all my other gear.
The idea was to integrate the A4 and OT in my workflow and allow for external signals to be processed with the A4’s filters and fx.

My setup

Home made cheek plates ($5 in materials and not too much time) and they look amazing.

This pic is at my kitchen table, not in my studio. That’s one of the best things about these boxes - they’re very mobile.

Half of my Spaceship

1 Like

Here was a fun experiment using the Elektron MD as the master in this rhythm configuration!

This is awesome!!!

How do you like your Midas? Been considering one for a while.

Standing rocks! Off to the right is the iMac running Reason, Arturia synths and Maschine.

MIDI:
Arturia AFE (keys) -> OT out -> MM thru -> MD thru -> A4 thru -> Reason/Maschine
MM out -> TM1 -> iPad

Audio:
MM, MD, A4, Turntable, Tapedeck, iPad, AT2020 Mic all into Soundcraft Compact10 Mixer (it has 6 stereo inputs!!!)
Mixer Rec out -> OT A/B (each input has switch to enable rec out), also goes to Tapedeck
Reason/Maschine via NI AK-1 1/2 -> OT C/D
Reason/Maschine via NI AK-1 3/4 -> Xenyx 502

Mixer Monitor out -> Raeson/Maschine via AK-1 inputs (each track switchable)
Mixer Mix out -> Xenyx 502 “monitoring mixer”
OT outs -> Compact10 “playback” inputs (unable to route to “Rec out”
OT cue -> MD inputs
MD C/D out -> MM inputs
MM C/D out -> A4 inputs
Xenyx 502 -> Tannoy Precision 6Ds
Compact10 Headphone 2 out -> Edirol MD15Ds

Just have to give my head time to settle into this wiring, and practice quickly copying and pasting patterns on all 4 machines!!

For me it is all about the OT but I can also get pretty much anything to anywhere at any time.

The Compact10 manual talks about what connections to make to your soundcard, I substituted OT for soundcard and use the Mac as either synth-rack, tape deck, or both.

Best thing about this room is the standing desks - all Ikea hacks!

which wine are you using? age is important — tastes better, real analog

I also like the wine cellar! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

but seriously, that is a great layout and desk setup you’be got there

How do you like your Midas? Been considering one for a while.[/quote]
yes, big parametric eq, sound, firewire, 6aux, and great routing from and to pc
I use it a lot to resample the Octatrack
I set 2 bus inputs AB 2 and send to the CD inputs
with the send and the matrix, you can create very complex effect chains with a normal software would not even the idea to try it … at least for me

I’ll have a Eurorack modular soon…I’ll have to take more pics.

Here’s mine . :alien:

Mines a little messy! Moved this summer, still need to treat the new room. I have the synths in a rack, doesn’t look great, but easy to take away to gigs.

SO nice! How´s the A4 with Serge doing? Are you sequencing it with it? Maybe one day, i sell the rest of my stuff here, and downsize to what you have too…hmmmmmm

pulsn machine room:

1 Like

Currently in the middle of a major gear reshuffle (swapping things, selling things etc) but here is tonights jam set up. Simple but fun. Also finally set the Juno up as a midi controller too which is great fun despite the typhoon raging outside.