Pictures Of Gear

My live setup in a box

And on stage

[quote="“Jon9"”]

Hey nice setup Derek, very tidy. What’s the rack case sitting above the case with the Waldorf Microwave XT in it?[/quote]
Odyssey 8u carpeted desk rack with sloped front. Like 80-90$ new. Nice and sturdy. I have a second one awaiting placement still.

The NoiseLab

Very clean, looks nice!

Capybara?!
just wow…
envy
:sob:

Capybara?!
just wow…
envy
:sob:[/quote]
Great space. Very cool gear selection. Super clean.

Hey nice setup Derek, very tidy. What’s the rack case sitting above the case with the Waldorf Microwave XT in it?[/quote]
Odyssey 8u carpeted desk rack with sloped front. Like 80-90$ new. Nice and sturdy. I have a second one awaiting placement still.[/quote]
Cheers Derek.

Like your OBM. :+1:

i feel like i’m just scratching the surface

huehuehuehue!

Looking pretty rough there.

yea…

feels good tho ^^

Whaaat? Why have you done that? :confused:

sorry to disturb your feelings -
it is closer to me now

Do you have plans to repaint this? Did you remove the faceplate to sand it?

Wow, shipping must have been rough. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

currently, no such plans. it has a nice textured feel now, looks better IRL than in the pictures. And it’s interesting using it without any of the markers. i’m not a huge fan of the a4 silkscreening to be honest.

this was an impulsive act, but no feelings of regret so far :joy:
let’s see if i still like it in a month or 2.

and yea, i took it apart for this and sanded the whole enclosure. if you’ve ever opened a desktop computer to install a PCI card or replace a harddrive, (dis-)assembling the A4 is much simpler than that. It’s nicely engineered!

oh, no disturbed feelings! just didn’t understand the logic behind it, but if it suits you better, then by all means! :slight_smile:

…i reckon you have good memory :slight_smile:

I think I would have been tempted to take off all the paint…but I am liking the look.

this was indeed the initial plan! there’s no turning back though, and i wasn’t sure if i would like it all blank metal. it’s still an option… but i think i can actually get used to how it is now.

@guga no, not really :]
gladly, most things are quite obvious, and/or give feedback through the display…

weird to jam with it now, it’s like playing in the dark, except it isn’t dark, and you look at it but you don’t have all these english words to read. instead it’s this very strange artifact, futuristic & messed up, highly interactive, familiar yet abstract…

haven’t done it yet, but it might be interesting to experiment with putting a cover on the display too. it would make some functionality impossible or hard to use, but maybe something can be gained…