Pictures Of Gear

The Ooroom

I’m not as tidy as most elektron users :slight_smile:

^ what is the black box with all the knobs above the A4 and next to the Timeline?

Its a vermona mono lancet. It doesnt have many features but its sound smokes all my other synths. Sounds a bit minimoogish

Here’s a pic of mine

Not the best picture but the most recent.

Gear list:
iMac running Live 9 and various plugins
Novation remote SL Zero
Novation remote SL 37
NI Maschine
Ableton Push
Novation BassStation 2
ProModded DMG Gameboy with LSDJ
ProModded Commodore 64 with MSSIAH
Elektron Machinedrum UW
Elektron MonoMachine
Elektron AnalogFour
6U Eurorack modular
Waldorf Blofeld
Alesis Ion
Kawai K3
Casio CZ5000
Various Mics and other random junk

Cool a k3! My first synth. Still havent found a lusher chorus anywhere, and the filter was really special.

I got it for super cheap with the CZ and almost sold it because I felt it was really limited but the more I played with it the more I fell in love with the sound it can generate some very unique tones.

still a few changes to go but here is the latest. Really need a proper room. Sound in here is terrible.

I was out shopping for an A4 rack/stand - unsuccessfully. I found myself waiting for my wife in the aisle of a “big box warehouse” store, when I spied an intricately folded piece of cardboard inside a box of glass bottles. I pulled it out and went “hmmmmm.” So I took it home and:

• Using only the “pre-folds” in the cardboard, I got the shape I wanted and held it together using packing tape.
  • I added some felt “dots” to raise the A4 for proper airflow.
  • Then I put some black gaffers tape on the front “palm rest” (it just turned out that way) to make it look nice.

Total cost: maybe a dollar
Total construction time: about fifteen minutes

Works for me!

It never gets old checking out people’s work spaces.
Some sweet setups both big & small in this thread.

Mine hasn’t changed much all year.
Unhurried plans to pick up an analog4, although maybe selling a mint SH101 to fund the AnalogKeys instead. Pretty happy with the workspace for my needs and am considering more & more just cutting down to essentials… (ie: Elektrons, Post processing rack & 1 digi kb, 1 analog poly & 1 analog mono, some fx). Cleared out a lot of unused gear last few years & its positively cathartic.

1 Like

:+1:

When I was much much younger I would have died to have a set up like I have now, and my setup is pretty modest. That was back when my passion for electronic music began. When I was in high school I asked my parents for a loan so I could buy the JD800. And they just laughed at me! My first synth was an old JUNO-6, which I later traded for this JUNO-60 (I’ve had this for about 15 years I think). But that was back in the mid 90’s when these things were unwanted. I payed $150 for my JUNO-6 back in 1998!

Elektron MnM
Elektron MD
Elektron TM-1
Mackie ProFX8 mixer
Roland JUNO-60
Mac with Reason 7.0
AXIOM61 control keyboard
KORG MPD26 pad controller
KRK Rokit 6 monitors

• the Yamaha NS-10M monitors are not being used

FreeFall :

This is not a Mackie ProFX8 not a Yamaha? you have?

It doesnt have many features but its sound smokes all my other synths.[/quote]
Ha, it does. Very easy and fun to dial in the sounds you want. Interested to know how the Pulse 2 sounds alongside it. Can the Pulse 2 sound like the ML at all?

wish i’d saw that first before another member posted this
i have two - fits two monotribes just nice and one for A4 !
i like the diy

wish i’d saw that first before another member posted this
i have two - fits two monotribes just nice and one for A4 !
i like the diy[/quote]
I have two of those, a4 on left, MnM on right and the octatrack between the two.

took me a while but finally my setup is complete <3

2 Likes