Petition: Implement Scenes for midi tracks

You can achive this with midi processors such as Goliath, Event Processor Plus, Rk002 maybe…

Surely the drain on the processor would be minimal. The Nord G2, released 7 years earlier than the OT MK1, can spit out multiple cc modulation per midi channel from enveloppes, sequencers, LFOs, random clocks etc, on all 16 midi channels simultaneously, and have up to 8 controllers (knobs on the keyboard version, or assigned controller on the Engine) alter some 8 or twelve (don’t remember exactly) parameters simultaneously, each with individually defined modulation ranges!. Not the G2’s fault if your other gear can’t handle it! My guess is that with the OT the absence of Midi to scenes is simply down to (lack of) programming.

I’m hoping this gets included in a future upgrade cause it really would make the midi sequencing just about perfect.

If this is added, I’ll buy an OT Mk 2!

Same…

But think midi needs to be updated first.

Mind you synths like Access virus can receive 16 channels of midi data across 16 patches from a DAW and handle it.

All I want is 5-10 midi cc mapped to a scene max. I think that would be plenty for me.

One reason more why clavia should create a modern G3 synth! I know thy said no more modular, but if enough people requesting one, maybe they deliver!

Indead. And in this case if you happen to own OT & G2 you can use the G2 to react to the OT’s fader… I’ve set it up so i can control G2’s morphs with OT’s fader.

It is not the gear, it is the midi specification.

Midi 2K18 …all new, more bandwidth than USB 3 and 8 times as fast :wink: …its about time.

Problem is then the hardware would need updating, so all new gear, in which case OTmk3 :slight_smile:

Joking aside, even if there was other gear outside of Elektron that supported turbo midi (at 10x normal speed) with large amounts of CC data, clock and notes, on 8 channels, the timing would not be acceptable for most people, and the Octatrack has very good midi timing.

2 Likes

Just getting here lol. Yes to this please!

1 Like

ELEKTRON---- Come on!

I recall folks claiming MIdi Out of A4 would be impossible due to HW restrictions. Makes me wonder if there’s isn’t power left in the OT to have some level of midi 2 scenes - at least midi lfo’s depth and speed, and or a limit of mapping say 8 ccs to scenes in a Part. If midi lfos are running and sending data, changing depth and speed would not be a problem for the receiving device.

1 Like

Assign scenes to Lfo depth is a good idea.

Reminder, if you don’t want to wait for a very improbable update : it’s easy to assign the crossfader CC48 to several midi messages with a midi processor.

4 Likes

If Elektron did implement scene control over midi lfos and a couple of arp functions, of course many users would be over the moon, but it would also be excellent marketing for the company; it would be a very unique feature. (I don’t know if the likes of Pyramid and top end midi seqs have lfos) that would attract buyers. What’s more, adding amazing new functionality almost 10 years after release would be big Kudos for the company’s reputation.

@sezare56 You just reminded me that my next purchase absolutely must be a Midi Solutions Event Processor! I’m using a couple of iPad synths and fx a lot and so next app purchase - Mozaic.

2 Likes

Midi Processors with Octatrack

1 Like

@sezare56 So much useful info and great ideas in that thread.

1 Like

Yes the Pyramid has midi LFO, though sensibly these are limited to maximum speed of 1/16th note.

As you probably know midi is a serial protocol, which means that events are sent one at a time, even though for example a chord may appear to have all notes simultaneously in fact they are sent separately, now factor in midi clock, notes and multiple channels and you can see why there is a reluctance to implement a feature which might result in hanging notes and so on. Don’t get me wrong if it can be done without the problems mentioned, such as for example thinning out CC data when required, then I would like the feature too, but I don’t think it is as simple as that, especially when dealing with a single midi output.

2 Likes

OT getting (thinned) MIDI scenes would be like the analogs getting MIDI output!

think up of a creative way to thin out the data in a musical manner perhaps?

1 Like

Like say parameter locks? :joy: sorry could not resist!

2 Likes