Petition: Implement Scenes for midi tracks

Just getting here lol. Yes to this please!

1 Like

ELEKTRON---- Come on!

I recall folks claiming MIdi Out of A4 would be impossible due to HW restrictions. Makes me wonder if there’s isn’t power left in the OT to have some level of midi 2 scenes - at least midi lfo’s depth and speed, and or a limit of mapping say 8 ccs to scenes in a Part. If midi lfos are running and sending data, changing depth and speed would not be a problem for the receiving device.

1 Like

Assign scenes to Lfo depth is a good idea.

Reminder, if you don’t want to wait for a very improbable update : it’s easy to assign the crossfader CC48 to several midi messages with a midi processor.

4 Likes

If Elektron did implement scene control over midi lfos and a couple of arp functions, of course many users would be over the moon, but it would also be excellent marketing for the company; it would be a very unique feature. (I don’t know if the likes of Pyramid and top end midi seqs have lfos) that would attract buyers. What’s more, adding amazing new functionality almost 10 years after release would be big Kudos for the company’s reputation.

@sezare56 You just reminded me that my next purchase absolutely must be a Midi Solutions Event Processor! I’m using a couple of iPad synths and fx a lot and so next app purchase - Mozaic.

2 Likes

Midi Processors with Octatrack

1 Like

@sezare56 So much useful info and great ideas in that thread.

1 Like

Yes the Pyramid has midi LFO, though sensibly these are limited to maximum speed of 1/16th note.

As you probably know midi is a serial protocol, which means that events are sent one at a time, even though for example a chord may appear to have all notes simultaneously in fact they are sent separately, now factor in midi clock, notes and multiple channels and you can see why there is a reluctance to implement a feature which might result in hanging notes and so on. Don’t get me wrong if it can be done without the problems mentioned, such as for example thinning out CC data when required, then I would like the feature too, but I don’t think it is as simple as that, especially when dealing with a single midi output.

2 Likes

OT getting (thinned) MIDI scenes would be like the analogs getting MIDI output!

think up of a creative way to thin out the data in a musical manner perhaps?

1 Like

Like say parameter locks? :joy: sorry could not resist!

2 Likes

There is already a thinning behavior.
CC with same values are not sent consecutively. I couldn’t find it in the manual. @Open_Mike! Shame on me! :smile:

Can be annoying if you want to send the same event consecutively. True for Pitchbend and Aftertouch IIRC.

1 Like

Im talking something a bit more spontaneous

Yeah, I was just being daft :wink:

1 Like

I usually plock spontaneously! :content:
You can record in live rec to reduce data, and/or set lfos to hold with some trigless.

Eyes wide shut!

1 Like

Goliath is still available, and pretty cheap.

4 Likes

@Open_Mike, seriously, could you find it for me? :smile: I need new glasses, and I could find the right terms with search…

1 Like

When I first saw that I was going say but of course I have the manual memorized and post the clip…

Then I went thoroughly looking through the manual and couldn’t find it either… :grimacing:

I thought it was in there, maybe we just figured it out by testing…

1 Like

Search on “hallucination”! :troll:

1 Like

I thought you quoted it once…maybe you quoted yourself. :smile: I always wonder how to express it correctly…:thinking: