Performance flight cases?

Here I am :smiley: And thx! The Peli case I use is the Peli Air 1745. As pedal board I use the Temple Audio Trio 43. It’s very difficult to find a case for this board because of its depth. Regular flight cases aren’t really an option because they’re heavy AF with all the metal involved. The Peli weights <8kg (<18 lbs), impossible to beat. The overall setup weights around 26 kg which can already kinda challenging to transport over longer distances. (or or up to the 6th floor without an elevator to James’ old apartment haha)

Even better, you can put the board on top of the closed case. So if you only have a keyboard stand available it can be used as a table. Or if the existing table is too low, the case can be used as a raiser to bring it to a height wich is easier to operate.

3 Likes

@klaustrophil Do you have pics? I tried stalking you on the forum, but no luck. I used a trio43 for a bit, but didn’t like the bag it came with. Switched to a DJ case with less gear.

My complete setup in a Flyht Pro Case Boss GT-100/10 case. All fixed with velcro.

16 Likes

My performance/studio case, Magma Carry Lite XXL. All USB powered so only one cable needed to power everything. It even includes a LED light strip at the back :smiley:

16 Likes

How do you find the BlueBox?
Are you not getting any noise issues?

Bluebox is great in that setup, only issue I have with it is the slider response curve is linear and not logarithmic, so precision is a bit of an issue when controlled by the UC4.

It took a long time for me to hunt down the noise issue, but now it’s completely noise-free:

• Bluebox has a separate USB power supply than other devices
  • Typhon and Micromonsta 2 are connected through an USB isolator, preventing ground loops
2 Likes

I’ve been asking for them to fix the response curves since it first came out. Really bummed they still haven’t.

1 Like

Heyyy! that’s really interesting !!!

I have a quite similar setup (DT/DN/ST/MM2 (as you) + TD3 + A4MK2).

Do you think the A4MK2 would fit above your 3 digi boxes (on the left of the MM2 :slight_smile:) ?

If that works, I think the TD3 will be too much too add…

Btw, would you please tell us how these are all USB powered and only needing one cable ?

And how are you managing the audio cables?

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Hi.
Sounds great.
May I ask which isolator did you purchased?
Thanks
Seb

these work fine

1 Like

Is there black tape on the screens of your Elektrons? If so, may I ask why?

Thank you :slight_smile:

If the A4 has the same height as a Digi it should for, as there’s just enough height to fit a Digi.

For the power and audio routing, I’ve detailed everything in this post:

There’s no black tape, that’s because of the screen refresh :wink:

I used Hifime full speed / high current isolators :
https://hifimediy.com/product/usb-isolator-high-current/

3 Likes

I’ve read your really interesting article ! Thank you !

It won’t fit my needs as I need all my Elektron boxes to get connected to my MacBook through USB and Overbridge. You wrote everything was made possible because of the USB power; does that mean there is no space to have all the boxes (minus the MM2) powered with their original power supplies?

I don’t think there’s enough space for the original PSUs, especially as it would need also a power strip to stick with a single cable.

I’m not sure why you say it can’t fit your use case because of overbridge, as the USB port of the digis are still free to use? Power is provided through the original port using an adapter.

Thank you :pray:

Right ! Understood how it worked with the Digitakt but not for the Syntakt. Got a link to these usb-c pd adapters ?

These are the one I used: https://m.fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005001509991481.html

They’re passive as USB PD adapters can provide 12v, so adapters are cheap and way more reliable than MyVolts ones.