Performance flight cases?

Thanks ! So, I would need 4 of these for my 4 Elektron boxes (DT/DN/ST/A4) and get them connected to an USB charger.

(could be either USB-C or USB-A, right ? I am asking this cause I also need to power the MicroMonsta2 (could it be done without using an isolator ?))

Hi @DaveMech I am not interested in this by than your newer setup (simply because I’m not a handyman at all…) but the case you used isn’t available anymore (at least I can find one in Belgium/Netherlands/France).

The MAGMA one seems to be the best alternative but looks a bit smaller.

Could be please briefly explain how you managed the power supplies?

The magma case is a indeed not as wide. So you cannot fit a dj mixer + 2 digi boxes next to each other for example.

The power supplies I fitted under the gear connected to a power strip that’s also fitted in the case on the bottom in the back of the case. The magma case is a bit shallower but should still be possible. Think others have this as well.

1 Like

Thank you !

Yeah I would love to find a bigger one but I couldn’t … So bad the Gorilla one isn’t available anymore.

For the Elektron it must be USB with PD support, otherwise there’s not enough current. A lot of chargers can do both USB-C and USB A so it’s not an issue.

For the MM2 I think you’ll need an isolator with the Bluebox, as Elektron have isolated power but most of USB-powered synths don’t :confused:

yeah,. sorry, tbf, they’re probably a better solution for gear made this century/streaming audio I forget I am a synth caveman

:wink:

Ok thanks !

(I haven’t the bluebox btw (even if I wish I had it :smile:)

I had a look at the dimensions and :

• on the Gorilla Website, it says “Hi-density custom pick foam: 79 x 46 x 11cm” (I guess those can be taken as “internal dimensions”
  • for the MAGMA, I saw “77,0 x 46,5 x 11cm”

The only difference seems to be on the Lenght (79 vs 77), so it looks like it should work as I have no mixer as you do.

I’ll give it a try :slight_smile:

thank you again for sharing.

Nope :slight_smile:
The pick foam is surrounded by a foam border that is about 2 or 3 cm itself. So the interior is closer to 85cm or something from the top of my head. But it’s close indeed. I’m going to check again if it might fit a setup with a mixer. Would be nice because those are great cases. Only downside is that it’s much heavier.

1 Like

Ok that’s clearer now ! So yeah, the difference is a bit bigger. I have no mixer in my setup so I guess that shouldn’t be a problem. I need it for 3Digis+A4MK2+MM2 (and, if possible, a TD3) - I’ll keep the controller (acting as a mixer) and the MacBook outside of it anyway.

What did you mean with “Igor” ? Is that a Typo or are you speaking about something I don’t know yet ? :smile:

Yes that picture of @Sinedied triggers me too (a lot).
The three Digi’s, bluebox and two small synts (Fred’s lab, MM2 or Thyphon), or two effect pedals.
I’m checking of I could keep them in it in my studio too. That would be best of both worlds.

Magma Carry Lite XXL plus, if I’m 100% sure the lid is indeed removable.

Haha typo / autocorrect fail. Fixed now :slight_smile:

1 Like

damn, that’s sexy AF

1 Like

yeah I agree :smiley: sexy and really clean. Looks like it wasn’t “handmade” at all.

This one seems pretty tempting… my current setup is Digitakt + Micromonsta + SoundBite Micro (and possibly a Faderfox UC4).
I’ll take measurements, but for the price and features it might be one of the best options…

Looks like the " UDG Ultimate Pick Foam Flight Case Multi Format 2XL" would be a good alternative to the Gorilla one too.

Protection Corrosion resistant aluminium profiles with strong rounded corners
Fully-lined with high density foam protective padding & egg-crate foam on lid
Two side strong butterfly lock & solid metal hinges
Rubber feet at the bottom for support in standing
Lighter weight than traditional flight cases
Black Diamond finishing surface
Ergonomic & sturdy carry handle
Pick & pluck foam with two separate layers
Replacement pick & pluck foam is available to purchase
Removable front access panel

Specifications:

Weight: 6,65 kg / 14.63 lbs
Outer Dimensions (W x H x D): 82.1 x 48.1 x 19.4 cm | 32.3 x 18.9 x 7.6 inch
Inner Dimensions (W x H x D): 81.1 x 47.1 x 18.4 cm | 31.9 x 18.5 x 7.2 inch
Material: Aluminum

@DaveMech did you ever look at this one?

I needed a flight case with wheels for my 3-Elektron-plus-Keystep setup. I just picked up a Gator G-Mix 20x30:

https://gatorco.com/shop/mixers/mixer-cases/soundcheck-max-mixers/20-x-30-ata-mixer-case-g-mix-20x30/

Internal dimensions:
Length 73.99 cm
Width 50.8 cm
Height 15.24 cm

It’s designed to fit a large mixer, so it doesn’t come with foam. But the price was very reasonable. I’ll report back on how I set it up, and how it survives international travel.

1 Like

That looks great !

There’s also a mk2 with slightly bigger internal dimensions

2 Likes

yes but it’s not available everywhere (and the “MK1” version can be found cheaper - found one for 140 € which is quite similar to the MAGMA one (but bigger))

1 Like