Performance flight cases?

You could try one of the SKB small rifle cases.

2 Likes

Gorilla gc-ldjc seems to be discontinued… Trying my best to find a suitable UDG / Magma case as those are quite affordable as well.

1 Like

Where abouts are you?
This is a UK shop that appears to show stock. I think they have bricks and mortar just outside colchester (they certainly did a few years ago)

1 Like

Got this one: UDG Ultimate Pick Foam Flight Case Multi Format L Black | UDG Gear

Should be enough to house the OT DT DN and optionally a pedal!

netherlands! Looked allover amazon. Started to doubt my measurements a few times as well lol.

Just bought a custom Thon guitar pedal case from Thomann to transport my Swarm, Techno System, OT, AH, and Eyesy. I like that the bottom part has no rim and this way becomes a “table” for the instruments.

8 Likes

I’ve landed at this setup (hopefully). Made in Draw.io, zoomed in so I can use the scale of the case and devices :smiley:

Plan is to have 2 long USB cables near my desk to connect the DT / DN via overbridge when working ITB. The OT is then automatically synced to Ableton’s tempo via the DT. This works well.
I can then route 2 jacks into the OT’s main out to use the OT in Ableton as well.

Goal was to be able to leave the room, where I work as well, to jam at a friends place or on the couch. The balance between a hybrid setup via OB and a dawless setup when I don’t want to be near a computer!

Microcosm wasn’t supposed to be here but I managed to snag one up within 3 min after the seller posted it and it fits the space. Hopefully there’s enough space to hide the power adapters and an 4 slot extension cord. But the depth is 20 CM so that should be fine. Wondering: are the power adapters getting hot? Would that be a risk?

I thought I wanted this.
I repurposed an older Haliburton style case and made a thing to hold an A4, Machinedrum, small mixer and an H9.
It was too big and unwieldy.
Plus when I was at home using my devices it made patching anything extra a huge pain.
Instead I got 3 Pelican knock off cases at Harbor Freight (a cheap tool and junk store in the US) .
That holds the same stuff in decent protection, and I don’t have to worry about the mixer bashing into the cable jacks on my now suddenly vintage Machinedrum.
Yeah I have to take them out and plug them in, but there are worse things.
If I had Digitakt/Digitone sized devices it would be more practical to think about putting them all together. But an A4, Machinedrum and Mackie 1202 MKI in a deep case with power was like carrying a whole encyclopedia in a suitcase.
Reminded me of my Ampeg SVT days.

1 Like

How much is the weight? Do you remember?

Isn’t this to heavy to carry without wheels?

All those setups look pretty nice, I’m just concern a bit about weights in case the case doesn’t have wheels. What do you guys think?

Not entirely sure. Think about 3kg or so. Very light as it’s triplex plus plastic and aluminium.

No wheels, but I used a small cart for it. Problem solved :slight_smile:

2 Likes

makes complete sense, thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

So I’ve tried using a pedal board for my live setup for a while. For various reasons it doesn’t completely work for me so I’ve been looking into getting a lightweight hard case with a removable lid.

The plan would be to put velcro in it to have my OT, ST, db-01, Oto Boum and some small pedals installed in it with cables and everything.

The Magma Carry Lite DJ-Cases looks interesting and the XXL seem like it should be big enough.

Does anyone have any experience using these cases for this kind of thing and how do you feel about it.

The Analog Cases performance case looks great as well but unfortunately it’s a bit small to fit everything in.

Yep! I love my carry lite xxl +. Holds a ton of gear prewired at a low price and weight. Makes fitting into a DJ lineup super quick and easy.

Pros: lightweight, removable lid, very affordable.

Cons: build quality - it flexes, and the mdf and foam isn’t robust enough to make me feel comfortable stacking things on top of it during travel. a few of the feet have snapped off or have come loose so it doesn’t really stand on its side well anymore briefcase style. I use decksavers inside it. For me it’s worth the weight trade off.

They’re so cheap I’m thinking of buying a second one to create a different live setup in so I don’t have to change the power and wiring in case I want to go back to the first ever:)

Check out mine in action here:

And how I’ve set it up:

6 Likes

Oh yeah also the handle hasn’t snapped yet under my over spec weight but it flexes the case a lot and I’m always worried. I always carry it with a shoulder strap or strap it to a little folding dolly.

Thanks for sharing your experience :blush: I would love to find something with really good build quality but also is lightweight. Seems hard to find though

If cost isn’t an issue, and you don’t mind not having a removable lid, @klaustrophil has a beautiful setup on a temple audio Pedalboard (very slick) inside a perfectly fitting pelican air case. That’s more like 500€-1000€ when all said and done though. But also relatively lightweight and very sturdy, no foam or decksavers needed

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip😊 I kinda feel like I need the removable lid though as people seeing (or at least catching a glimpse) of what I’m doing when I play is kinda important.

Using two Analog cases could be an option but I’m a bit tired of fitting large setups into small club spaces😊 I use the Perkons drum machine outside of the case already so it would be really nice if I could fit everything else into one case.

Nice set btw. Really lovely stuff :fire::blush:

1 Like

Oh sorry i wasnt clear - with the temple-pelican setup the audience isnt blocked by a lid either, the pedalboard is fully removable from the flight case. So you just arrive at the venue, open the lid, take the pedalboard rig out and place it where needed, then close the lid and stow the case in the booth. In the end its not much different than placing a removable lid somewhere.

As with your perkons outside the case, i’maAlso thinking with my next setup iteration about mounting a Tr8s on a laptop stand outside the case, so the audience can see that element clearer. Something about telegraphing the kick coming back in, in a visible way (eg fader) that connects a lot better visually with an audience than just unmuting a Digitakt channel.

And thanks for the kind words!

2 Likes