Performance flight cases?

Heyyy! that’s really interesting !!!

I have a quite similar setup (DT/DN/ST/MM2 (as you) + TD3 + A4MK2).

Do you think the A4MK2 would fit above your 3 digi boxes (on the left of the MM2 :slight_smile:) ?

If that works, I think the TD3 will be too much too add…

Btw, would you please tell us how these are all USB powered and only needing one cable ?

And how are you managing the audio cables?

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Hi.
Sounds great.
May I ask which isolator did you purchased?
Thanks
Seb

these work fine

1 Like

Is there black tape on the screens of your Elektrons? If so, may I ask why?

Thank you :slight_smile:

If the A4 has the same height as a Digi it should for, as there’s just enough height to fit a Digi.

For the power and audio routing, I’ve detailed everything in this post:

There’s no black tape, that’s because of the screen refresh :wink:

I used Hifime full speed / high current isolators :
https://hifimediy.com/product/usb-isolator-high-current/

3 Likes

I’ve read your really interesting article ! Thank you !

It won’t fit my needs as I need all my Elektron boxes to get connected to my MacBook through USB and Overbridge. You wrote everything was made possible because of the USB power; does that mean there is no space to have all the boxes (minus the MM2) powered with their original power supplies?

I don’t think there’s enough space for the original PSUs, especially as it would need also a power strip to stick with a single cable.

I’m not sure why you say it can’t fit your use case because of overbridge, as the USB port of the digis are still free to use? Power is provided through the original port using an adapter.

Thank you :pray:

Right ! Understood how it worked with the Digitakt but not for the Syntakt. Got a link to these usb-c pd adapters ?

These are the one I used: https://m.fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005001509991481.html

They’re passive as USB PD adapters can provide 12v, so adapters are cheap and way more reliable than MyVolts ones.

Thanks ! So, I would need 4 of these for my 4 Elektron boxes (DT/DN/ST/A4) and get them connected to an USB charger.

(could be either USB-C or USB-A, right ? I am asking this cause I also need to power the MicroMonsta2 (could it be done without using an isolator ?))

Hi @DaveMech I am not interested in this by than your newer setup (simply because I’m not a handyman at all…) but the case you used isn’t available anymore (at least I can find one in Belgium/Netherlands/France).

The MAGMA one seems to be the best alternative but looks a bit smaller.

Could be please briefly explain how you managed the power supplies?

The magma case is a indeed not as wide. So you cannot fit a dj mixer + 2 digi boxes next to each other for example.

The power supplies I fitted under the gear connected to a power strip that’s also fitted in the case on the bottom in the back of the case. The magma case is a bit shallower but should still be possible. Think others have this as well.

1 Like

Thank you !

Yeah I would love to find a bigger one but I couldn’t … So bad the Gorilla one isn’t available anymore.

For the Elektron it must be USB with PD support, otherwise there’s not enough current. A lot of chargers can do both USB-C and USB A so it’s not an issue.

For the MM2 I think you’ll need an isolator with the Bluebox, as Elektron have isolated power but most of USB-powered synths don’t :confused:

yeah,. sorry, tbf, they’re probably a better solution for gear made this century/streaming audio I forget I am a synth caveman

:wink:

Ok thanks !

(I haven’t the bluebox btw (even if I wish I had it :smile:)