Patterning 2 - Basically "digitakt the app" on iPad + iPhone

No mute

No swing

2 Likes

patterning 1 is the reason i got into ios music making, and patterning 2 made it so much better. glad i got to support the dev again and love what they have done to P2. being able to beta test the iphone version was great!
this is imo the best drum thing to ever existā€¦i do wish that they would make it an auv3 as it plays much better with ios world, even if itā€™s just one instance. of course now on the ipad you can have 3 instances , P1,P2 and iphone version haha.
i donā€™t remember of ratcheting was available in P1 but thatā€™s my fav feature especially with the ratcheting decay parameter.
def a must have app

dammit. shame, itā€™s such neat little interface.

Itā€™s a good little interface

Just a reminder for iPhone users that Patterning will run in the background even with the screen off, if you havenā€™t truly ā€œclosedā€ it. And even if the sequencer isnā€™t playing.

Took my XS battery from 45% to 10% overnight

1 Like

Sweet! Iā€™m very happy it made it to the iPhone!

Hello,
Anyone using Patterning 2 on iphone sending midi to Digitakt?
I have used before with no problem but today patterning seems to be sending note values to Digitakt, so my kick drum gets tuned in an undesired random way. There are no LFOs active on the DT.
Any ideas what it might be?

Anyone still using this in 2023!?

No but in 2027 we might be.

1 Like

Yeah, I still use it but not as much as I used to my go to drums app is koala now.

1 Like

Check out VADrum 2, itā€™s pretty nice with some Elektron sequencer style features and auv3 and currently on sale.

1 Like

Best drum machine ever created, as far as Iā€™m concerned.

Someone just needs to break-it-out into hardware form.

:pray:

Cheers!

3 Likes

Modalics Beatscholarā€¦ and Patterning, both wonderful apps, Beatscholar will probably get sample slicing first though if either ever do.

I wish it had slightly better undo functionality- seems too easy to accidentally break a kit or pattern and not be able to revert. And AUv3 support.

Beatscholar has a cool interface and is nice for experimenting. However, it is basic in all the other features. More particularly, the color UI makes having many velocity nuances quite impossible.

I can recommend Digistix 2, which is far more advanced. Very easy to import and process your own samples in many ways.

I donā€™t know, the interface is, in-and-of-itself, an undo-redo at will sort of affair.

I like Patterning because itā€™s so fluid that way. That said, you can always reload a kit to reset all parameters, if you get lost.

It also has a very robust MIDI implementation, which could facilitate a few shortcuts in that regard.

Cheers!

1 Like

Looks like there is a Patterning 3 app on the way! Itā€™s on pre-order with access to the beta version.
Has anyone tried it?

8 Likes

If it comes to iPad, Iā€™d be all over it.

Yup. iPad obvisouly and AUv3. Patterning 2 is pretty wicked. Excited for this one to come out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh sh*t for real?
thanks for posting!!!

instabuy

2 Likes

Itā€™s happening. :smiley:

(Not my screenshot - from the Olympia Noise Co Discord)

6 Likes