Patterning 2 - Basically "digitakt the app" on iPad + iPhone

I think the main thing for me is the easy randomisation thing , ratcheting and the layers you can add
And quick response to bug reports( either i’m Unlucky or lucky )

Strangely for a drum machine with pad playback it has no roll function , at different rates.
I’d like to extend ratcheting past the single step too

But it’s very good , p1 was very innovative and this develops it further.

1 Like

Downloaded it today and it’s definitely a big improvement from the first one. Yeah in terms of functionality its a DT equivalent.

1 Like

i have my dt connected to AUM and a few synth apps, really quite portable and works a treat, but occasionally i want to play around at a coffee shop or on the plane, train or bus, getting the dt out isn’t an option for these times, so would you say i can swap the dt channel in AUM for Patterning 2?

would it work in much the same way as having the dt connected, for example, trigger samples and ios synths? if so, i could see it as a good app to try out new ideas before hooking the dt back up.

Hello,
Is it possible to send a program change from Hardware via midi to change pattern ?

Also interested to know if the pattern changes can follow along with elektron’s program/ pattern changes, can anyone confirm?

Just checked, nah. You can sync to midi clock and assign pattern changes to a midi note but program changes don’t seem to do anything

Ok thanks!

Wish this would come out on the iPhone.

So I ended up buying the app anyways and to my good surprise it turns out you can actually sync the program changes, in Patterning go to Song and click MidiLearn, then + next to your desired pattern, and select a pattern on your Elektron device that you want to sync/map to the one in Patterning, and voila pattern changes from one device are assigned to the other!

3 Likes

After endless dithering I finally downloaded Patterning 2. Insane.

I was looking for a cheap drummachine (Uno Drum or Volca Drum), but I kept coming back to this one. Can’t wait to use the sequencer for my Blackbox and Microfreak, when I have the time this weekend. And a lot of resemblance with things I love about the Elektron workflow (probability e.g.)

Yep, I’ve said it many times here, that Patterning 2 is easily worth the purchase of a basic iPad, even if it was the only app you ever bought. I wish someone would put it inside a piece of hardware: i.e. like an MPC Live, only with the Patterning interface on the touchscreen. :upside_down_face:

Cheers!

1 Like

Well here it is, but not really, it‘s inspired by patterning or vise a versa

https://buchla.com/252e-buchla-polyphonic-rhythm-generator/

Ha! Ya, I’ve seen that before. Definitely the expensive way to go. :wink:

Cheers!

1 Like

NOW ON IPHONE!!! hallelujah

4 Likes

So happy this finally made it to the iPhone. Hope a few more features from iPad version are added soon…

1 Like

between this and the free minimoog model d app, I finally have a good reason to get a Korg PlugKey for my iPhone!

2 Likes

I’ve been playing with patterning 2 lately. I cant seem to find a quick way to copy and paste a pattern? Like if I like pattern a and I want pattern b to be the same but with an added drum part.

What drum sample packs are yall using?

Is there no arrow (copy) icon on the iPad version.

1 Like

Knew it was something obvious. Thanks.

This app makes playing in different time signatures super easy. Very cool.

1 Like

Ok, might just be being very slow here - have tried googling and nothing - anybody know if there’s a way to mute tracks on the iPhone version?