Panning per step?

Just got a model samples:)
how do I parameter lock panning?

I see how the expected method of using the FUNC + LEVEL/DATA knob changes the pitch by semi-tones and doesn’t adjust the pan. Try this instead:

-using the LFO SPEED knob set it to 0
-using the typical Parameter Locking method of holding down the trig while in Grid Recording Mode press the LFO SETUP button
-set Wav to ENV
-set Mul to x1 (not sure if this setting really matters or not)
-set Dst to PAN
-set Dep to a negative value to pan left and a positive value to pan to the right

If anyone has any insight as to how the Wav or Mul settings might affect things, let me know, but this seems to do the trick.

1 Like

Honestly it’s such a ridiculous thing to have to do a work around for. I like both of the model machines, but come on.

3 Likes

You’ve set lfo speed to zero so the lfo does not start to cycle, so all you need is a waveform that starts high. Both Env and square will do the job I think. Since the speed is set to zero, I’m pretty sure that the multiplier has no effect.

2 Likes

I´m also struggling with panning per step. Should be not an issue tough. But, damn…

1 Like

Seems p-locking pan is not implemented on the M:S.

1 Like

If you are willing to sacrifice velocity (I guess you can p-lock volume if that’s what you are using it for?) you can assign velocity to pan:

But I agree, not being able to p-lock pan does suck.

2 Likes

You mean the workaround from @Phurniture doesn’t work ?

2 Likes

Oh sorry, no! Lfos always work on Elektron gear for these type of things, I meant p-locking pan is not implemented, so work around is required.

3 Likes