Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread

Hi,

I don’t know if it has already been posted here, but it would be great to apply a panning to the delay and reverb, and to control this panning with LFO.

BTW, is there a “M:C Feature that I love” thread ? I think the M:C deserves one :wink:

1 Like
  1. Trig Preview a la DT/DN - hold trig and press Track button?
  2. Noise as LFO shape (or just faster LFO) - I constantly hit max rate when using S/H and want more
  3. Attack - hold Function and turn decay (I KNOW this comes up often :slight_smile: )
  4. Two LFOs - without a proper Attack, I often use slow LFO as an envelope which works fine, but then the sound is stale. Maybe tap LFO twice for LFO 2 settings, and have Function+LFO (LFO Setup) have 6 params - 3 for each LFO
  5. Panning per trig - I often set S/H LFO to pan to get interesting stereo field. Would love to not need to use an LFO and just adjust per trig
  6. Note Scale - Maj/Min/Modes set in TRK MENU
  7. More machines - I don’t care what they do, I just want more variety. Agree Clap and another Snare would be nice, but would love more tonal machines as well (Tone 2 and / or Chord 2) with different algos / controls.

All of these except 7 should work for M:S as well.

I’ve been falling in love with the simplicity and immediacy of this machine, so would not want any new functionality to get in the way of the current workflow. I prefer it to my Digitone in many ways!

7 Likes

:point_up:

2 Likes

After having this a while, the ones that still stand out as not just fun limitations, but something that should really be resolved are attack and P-locks for panning.

More LFOs and scales would be cool too but they are nice to haves… I guess a second LFO would remove the need for panning p-locks

4 Likes

I agree with the P-Locks for panning I recently tried to find out that you can’t set trigs on either side.

had to sacrifice a track but as a result I finally set more than one machine to a track to make up for it.

1 Like

One other work around for panning p-locks is to turn volume velocity to 0 in the pad menu and set velocity to modulate pan. Then you can p-lock Velocity. This is fine, but there are two issues:

1. You need to pan everything as ‘left’ as you want it, and velocity sets how ‘right’ you want the should to be (0-64). You can swap L and R, but it’s the same issue.
  2. Velocity can’t be used for volume, which impacts retrig fades!
11 Likes

Ah no way, I didn’t realise this was possible! To be honest I never use velocity for volume so this is great, thanks so much :smiley:

1 Like

This tip rocks so much. Just freed up a channel on my favourite pattern which really needed one more element, but I also really didn’t want to lose the panning on the shakers (who’s LFO is required for the attack, grumble grumble). I owe you one! Thanks again :smiley:

6 Likes

Yeah! Glad to hear this worked out for you!

1 Like

At the moment when using an external sequencer to trigger sounds from the Model:Cycles, the Chance parameter does absolutely nothing. It would be very cool if it would apply the selected probability to any incoming trigs, essentially filtering them.

1 Like
  1. Being able to undo live parameter changes would be nice. I know you can do it if you make a temp save before going into live mode, I just sometime forget sometimes, want to redo it and then have to re-enter the triggers which is a shame sometime because i’ll get a good sequence going which I can’t replicate again…
  2. Mentioned before but definitely scales.
  3. Fixing the levels on the preset sounds, some are seriously loud which can make cycling through them unpleasent.
  4. This one might be a long shot but a compressor or something which allows you to alter the sound of tracks from the sound of different tracks.

Had a few others I can’t remember right now… :zzz:

2 Likes

Been looking at the Erica Synths Code Source module lately.

Something like that as a Model:Cycles machine would be awesome.

2 Likes

I’d love a few more melodic machines.
acid (202, 303 ish),
pads, strings kinda thing. :+1::sparkles:

8 Likes

Can we get the LFO mode from the front panel? I feel like that is a very doable feature request.

2 Likes

Yeh i want a Pittsburgh Modular DNA as an engine…

Dual oscillator, selectable waveforms with balance control, a selection of different phase distortion and FM modes to decide how those oscillators interact, and morphable FM/phase distortion amount…its nasty…

…only trouble is MC being mono, devs might have to implement a way to use a neighbouring track for the pitch of the second oscillator…but im sure it would be possible…

2 Likes

Multiple sustain levels. At the moment we have 100% or 0%.

Maybe double-tap the “hold” button for 50% … even better would be fine control from 0-100 but I can’t see a simple way to squeeze that into the UI.

Just added this feature request as part of the survey (amongst others that are often repeated here)

• Move to new pattern but optionally preserve sound and sequence from selected tracks. (E.g. keep rhythm tracks constant while changing melody, chords, or bass).
4 Likes

I would like a second version of Chord, where you choose a scale, so I could play freely and not have to adjust the chord type on each transposition just to stay diatonic.

8 Likes

Isn’t length basically a way to turn the hold time up?

Maybe the sequence would be: Hold down PATTERN, then hold down one track while tapping 2nd, 3rd, (to select the tracks to keep playing) and finally tap trig for the pattern you want.

Or perhaps hold FUNC and then hold PATTERN, then press one or more tracks to select tracks to keep playing, then finally press one trig for the new pattern .