Pad sensitivity solution

I would not think that was any part of the size decision, after all, the digitakt is an even smaller footprint than the og A4 albeit with less circuitry - the pcb on the og wasn’t that dense iirc and the voice pcb on the new one may well be similar in size - the base of the unit has a reduced cross section relative to the top where the control boards are - no that it’s a big talking point - i think if anything, accommodating larger pads into a pro wedged platform with space for more outs would be the biggest driver - it’s a shame that format hasn’t been developed more, not great for desk space, but they feel comfortable and ‘premium’

Ahem, digitakt has no analog circuitry except for the DAC

I admit I dont have the facts but seem to recall reading posts about it when the ob performance of the mk I analogs were discussed earlier on this board.

1 Like

good point on the DT, nonetheless imho i don’t think the format driver would be pcb real estate - e.g. if i’d said Heat instead of DT

The OB1 related USB noise within the voices was clearly not anticipated, perhaps OB wasn’t always a key part of the plan, the throttling down to USB1.1 was absolutely driven by the board layout - not enough separation

So i’ve pulled this a bit off-topic

I’m not that critical of the pad sensitivity but i agree it is not ideal

Heat can cope with USB 1.1 speeds as there are only 4 audio channels to send.

But I’ll leave this topic at that, I dont want to start an argument

So, did you try the replacement film from Elektron? Please tell us your latest discoveries!

Unfortunately the sheet didn’t arrive me yet but it’s still in progress. As soon as it arrives me I will let you know.

Believe it or not, got the Sheet today! Will assemble it later and let you know.

1 Like

Yes they did. Its not that complicated if you want to do it by yourself.

1 Like

For everyone, the new sheet I got from Elektron works like a charm! The Rytm is now back on the road to spoil some fancy ears.

5 Likes

Bru

This seriously works? How dramatic a difference is it? Performance mutes and scenes all work?

Yes it works seriously. Mute, Track select, Chromatic, Scene and Performance work like it should. I did not do any calibration, just installed it, started the device and finish.

3 Likes

But how is the velocity response?

1 Like

Its working like it should.

EDIT: Ahhh sorry I thought this whole time you got a different sheet from a third-party! My bad. I just saw now you’re referring to the sheet Elektron sent.

Anyway very cool a fix can be so easily managed.

Id still like to know what a different sheet will do…

Its the same Sheet I got from Elektron. The Sheet I had before was used. I bought the Device from someone. The new Sheet I got is still working perfect. The Sheet from before was a nightmare, unusable.

1 Like

Yeah see my edit above.

Sweet. Glad that worked for you!!

Ah ok I see. Normaly every Sheet should work. The Task there is just to make it fit to the Device. The original Sheet from Elektron for the Rytm has much different Dimensions then all the other Sheets available out there, eg. from MPC Stuff.

If you get one somewhere for less Money just attach it to your existing Sheet from Elektron. I think it’s a bit of handcraft work but still possible. Or try to get some new Sheet from Elektron. Not sure how much it costs. But I believe it’s not that expensive.

My pads have never had any issues but this is still great news.

Maybe a solid manufacturer out there will make a more responsive one for the rytm someday.

Does the new sheet from Elektron match the velocity performance of the NI sheet in your video? Because that was a very impressive improvement, (at least compared to my Rytm’s velocity response!)