Pad sensitivity solution

Is this about MK1 or MK2?
Can you record a video of how the pads respond to different velocities?

On my machine (MK1), it feels like I only have three levels of velocity:

1. I hit the pad too light, so it doesn’t trigger
  2. I hit the pad strong enough, so a sound plays at low velocity.
  3. I hit the pad as strong as I can and it reaches above average velocity.

Would love to see the nuances that you are able to achieve.

2 Likes

Thanks @dschiller for sharing your experience. On my Rytm MK1 the pads startet to have issues after 4 years. So I have contacted customer support and asked for a new carbon layer sheet. They charged 15€ incl. shipping and it arrived after two days. After exchanging the sheet the pads are all working again :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great!!

Does anybody know if these carbon pads also available for the AR mk2?
Or is it maybe the same pad for both?

As I know from MPC Stuff, they asked Elektron about the MKI and MKII Versions of the Carbon Sheets: They say they are different from each.

And yes they should be available just contact Elektron directly.

1 Like

Any updates here?

@dschiller
Hi, i didn’t get it: do you simply replace the carbon-sheet and the pads are as unsensible as originally or did you find a solution to make them more sensible? What happend to your test with the pads from scienceservices.de? Did it work out?

1 Like

Update is that I got a new Sheet from Elektron for free, replaced it an the Rytm worked like expected.

2 Likes

I didn’t investigate more to try different Sheets after the free new Sheet from Elektron worked well for me.

3 Likes

Everytime I’ve had a Push 2 (3 times), the pads have been better than AR mk2 imo. I’ve always considered Push pads being great pads :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This is the post I was hoping to find.
Thanks so much for troubleshooting all of this.
I had recently put in a ticket, so this is such a relief especially after reading all the woes on the way down.

Has anyone tried shaving a bit of pencil lead onto the carbon contacts of the sheet? This is an old trick that I’ve used to restore the keybeds on a Nord Electro 5D and Roland Super JX-10.

did anyone every find a way to increase sensitivity of a AR MK1 pads to make them better? some kind of mod perhaps?

I see that dshiller managed to get Elektron to send some replacement part but if I am understanding correctly that was just to fix faulty pads? not to increase the sensitivity of the normally working (but not very sensitive) MK1 pads?

was wondering if anyone every saw something like this perhaps:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1010941947/the-original-sensitivity-mod-mkii-for
which I did for my Theoryboard midi controller. It made the pads a lot nicer to use and involved opening the unit up and adding some additional small squares under the pads.

@Elektron why is there still no option in the settings to regulate the sensitivity of the pads?
Do you ever read you forums? This should be implementable in under one hour for sure…

1 Like

Have you emailed feature-request@elektron.se ?