Pace of firmware updates?

What is Elektrons pace for updates to firmware/features typically?

I feel like the Digitone and overbridge for digitone have become vaporware. (I realize that I’m being overdramatic here but updates and improvements definitely don’t feel like a priority.)

But maybe I’ve been been spoiled by the pace of updates from companies like Novation.

yes, you are being overdramatic IMO. I’m sure more OS updates are coming after overbridge is released, OB 2.0 is stalling the OS dev of all OB-enabled products, or at least that is my best guess at the moment.

1 Like

Every Tuesday, at 4pm mate. Didn’t you get a timetable in your box?

I’m all seriousness, they’re pretty regular with updates, and more importantly, they have a history of completely changing the boxes over the years, via updates.

It’ll come, but they’re very busy (ob, new product, show season etc), and there’s not many of them.

I know… I’m sure they’re working very hard.
I’m just GAS-ing and I don’t want to spend any more money. (Because an octatrack sure would be sexy)

It is and it would set your studio off nicely. You deserve nice things. Treat yourself!

2 Likes

The Digitone hasn’t received many major updates since it’s release, so I’m assuming we would be due for one soon. Elektron has a great track record of releasing updates with added features/functionality, so wait patiently and you will be rewarded.

2 Likes

i think digitone benefitted from the digitakt issues/fixes/launch debacle , perhaps it doesn’t need so many fixes .

though i suspect it’ll get an update for overbridge soon.

1 Like

I’d settle for the following improvements (wishlisting)

• Swing trigs
  • Pattn chain recalls
  • Global tuning
  • Portamento
  • unlocking ratios for more atonal configs (detune is not the same IMO)

All in all I think DN is a pretty mature product as it is.

6 Likes

More ratios would be my top request!

2 Likes

I feel some incoming firmware updates in me waters

MTM2ODgyODg1NA%3D%3D|nullxnull

I really wish Elektron didn’t bother with overbridge, it’s a complicated mess and will require constant updates to stay compatible. I feel that all of the resources that would typically be working on feature updates are all tied down forever working on overbridge. PC integration is not the reason people buy Elektron products.

8 Likes

The absence of a tuning parameter boggles me. Even for microtuning on individual trigs.

@Ess explained the lack of portamento in a thread a while back, and that is fair. But tuning seems like low hanging fruit. It is easily done with an lfo, but then you’re burning an lfo.

A noise mode without the ratios would be interesting, but if I want bonkers, atonal fm, I opt for an lfo.

Keytracked lfo would be awesome.

1 Like

I do love The Digitone but this is one thing, that does annoy me, it’s clear that the Digitone needs an updated because of bugs, but they have time to release a slim down version of the Digitone, the Model: Cycles.

Why don’t companies just finish one project, make it right and stable before releasing something new, well the same without extra features,

Come On Elektron

7 Likes

Because that’s not the way the tech industry works.

If it were the other way, people would be complaining “why don’t they release something new?!”.

10 Likes

It was updated in May, and again in June.
M:C has been in development for much longer than that period of time.
Proving that they can walk and chew gum at the same time.

22 Likes

I disagree, Synthstrom, have only made a sequencer called Deluge, they do listen to the consumer and are dedicated in bringing the best sequencer before releasing anything else, They actually got voted the best hardware update last year.

My personal opinion, companies could learn a lot from this, and then I could be wrong

6 Likes

Synthstrom are also a lot smaller than Elektron, and haven’t even been around for half as long, so that’s not really fair.

1 Like

Overbridge is good example, in losing faith in what’s to come,

2 Likes

What bugs are you experiencing? I use my Digitone quite a bit and don’t seem to run into any bugs.

15 Likes

I not bashing Elektron, Love what they do, but should it not be the other way around, if Elektron are around longer, should they not be knocking it out of the park? Overbridge took a long time,

1 Like