P-lock sounds A4 MK2 screen real estate

Curious. When I hold a plocked trig for a sound, the browser covers half the OLED. I don’t remember this on the MK1. It’s hard to edit the parameters on the left side of the screen.

Does this seem right? A way to correct this?

On the MKI it doesn’t cover any page parameters, just covers the area for Tempo/transport state/track level etc. Seems weird they did it this way for MKII, maybe put in a bug report.

I suppose the trade-off for having a larger screen and icons. Unfortunately, I doubt they can do anything about it without reconfiguring everything.

BoBeats in his video points out the same bug.

Hopefully it’ll get sorted out.

Also, the knobs are too sensitive when it comes to selecting performance macros. Just a hair to touchy. Hard to dial in a parameter

Other than that, the placebo’s real. Sound is night and day from the MK1

Actually. There’s a couple bugs, I think.

Quick performance knob is sick. But, may be too complicated to explain but here goes.

You can mute and unmute the QPERF.

If I unmute and switch to another QPERF scene, then turn the knob back to zero, nothing happens. I have to mute and unmute the QPERF to get back to where I want to be.

If you get one of these, you’ll know what I’m talking about

Have placed various sound locks on steps of a pattern, all fine, however I now want to go in and set locks on filter parameters, however the dang sound ‘list’ appears over the top of the menu page I want (filter parameters) every time I press and hold the trig.
I’ve searched this forum and the web and can’t find anything on this problem - maybe I’m just not forming my query properly, but am I missing something obvious here? I’ve tried pressing what seem like the obvious buttons to try to get the sound list out of the way (e.g. left arrow) but predictably that alters micro timing.

Can anyone help please?

OK, at least it’s not just me. Bit of an over-sight in the testing :-/

1 Like

A big one for sure. Even Cenk uses sound locks in his videos sooooooooooo…

Where’s the disconnect between what we received and what they’re using? Unless they’re cool with the way they’re implemented.

@Ess

I’ve logged a support ticket referring to this thread.

2 Likes

Yep got the same thing.
Still have my MK1 and you can see all the parameters using the MK1.
Sure its a bug , cant work with sound lock .

I’ve just encountered this myself so came on here to see whats the deal. Hope this gets sorted, otherwise it’s a huge con to the bigger screen. I’ve never had a problem with the screen on my Rytm, but I do have good eyesight, only wish my hearing was as good.

FWIW, I also just opened a ticket for this. This is a very serious usability problem!

2 Likes

was this resolved - kinda preventing me from upgrading to a MKII

Hello !

Yes !

Yes!

2 Likes