Oxi One Hardware Sequencer

Definitely. I send clock and transport to PAMs through an ES-9 and it works perfectly fine.

Wouldn’t be easier to just sync via MIDI then?

1 Like

I just picked up the Cranborne 500 series audio interface to replace a few previous ones - doesn’t look like the outputs are DC coupled unfortunately.

But to @CarlosUnch’s point - I could just sync my DAW to the Oxi One instead via MIDI? I know that MIDI is historically jittery coming from the DAW but the alternative should probably work fine?

I’ve been living in Apollo land for so long I forgot that audio interfaces usually have MIDI ports :laughing:

1 Like

I’d love to sync Live to the Oxi One but I’ve heard that Live likes to be the master (oo-er) so I sync the Oxi to Live instead.

1 Like

May not be a lot of help but Bitwig can be master or slave and itiming seems very solid with OXI

1 Like

I actually picked up Bitwig recently so if it’s more dependable maybe I’ll go with that!

Yup- go to ‘synchronisation’ page in settings…I have found it very stable as slave to OXI.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChGPEi1gCxd

OXI Instruments shared a post on Instagram: "The 3.0 firmware is about to be release and it includes uncountable features and improvements since the 2.0 version🧨
But what it’s super exciting is being able to implement a brand new mode which changes...

9 Likes

Watched the video of the new mode and it reminds me a bit of Polygome by Stretta which I really love. Excited to find out what it can do. Thanks for posting!

Polygome by stretta:

2 Likes

the invitation is invalid :frowning:

1 Like

Discord Invites have a relative short lifespan :frowning:

this invitation won’t expire https://discord.gg/VweJB5Tmst :+1:

5 Likes

I find I get a lot of noise in my recordings when I use the Oxi One via USB. It’s directly connected to the brightness and amount of the LEDs. If I have the LED brightness set to full the noise is twice as loud. I guess I need to just run it off the battery and sending MIDI via DIN but it is a tad annoying!

Almost definitely a ground loop issue - my guess is that whatever is powering your Oxi is a different source (i.e. wall socket) to something else in the chain (either a synth, a mixer etc.).

I know the noise you mean if I power from the wrong source it comes through my eurorack (via the pipe!)

Yeah so the Oxi One should technically be powering itself as the battery is full, however there’s no way to tell it to not charge while connected via USB. It’s a bit of a pain! Small price to pay for such a slick sequencer though so really not complaining.

Ah ok, that’s probably a less common usecase I guess - as if you can get power from USB it makes sense to save the battery - it’s not that it’s charging at that point, it’s just drawing power directly (I would assume). No harm in putting in a request might be something that could be configurable!

Edit: In fact if you change the USB mode from Device to Host does that stop it from charging? I assume even if it does that might prevent you from using it the way you want.

Sadly changing from Device to Host doesn’t do anything… I asked Manu a while ago and he said there’s no way to stop it from drawing power while connected via USB. Really not a big deal but yeah, would have been awesome.

Too bad, I was planning to use it with my laptop and I haven’t got an audio interface.

Do you think the issue can be fixed with a firmware update?

I don’t think it can, though I honestly wouldn’t worry as I’m probably doing something wrong. Manu would be able to advise far better than me. :slight_smile:

To clarify this is (I assume @Claid ?) regular USB ground loop - it’s not uncommon among USB powered devices that tap into the signal path.

You just need to make sure you’re powering your stuff from the same socket - if that’s not possible then you can get isolators to help with it.

Not dissimilar to the issues you can have with effects pedals, sort of, I think.

3 Likes