Oxi One Hardware Sequencer

Thank you for your quick reply, very appreciated … but I’m still a bit lost …

your web-site “OXI ONE SPECIFICATIONS” says:

• “64 steps per sequence”
  • “16 pattern per track”

In my understanding a “step” would be a single event slot in a step-sequencer-grid, a “pattern” would be a defined as number of “steps”, but somehow this doesn’t seem to fit in this case.

Your answer seems to say that each project can hold 64 patterns, each sequence can hold 16 patterns, which would make for 4 sequences per project. Is this correct?

I don’t want to waste your time, but would just be happy to understand better :smiley:

Yes, you could currently randomize octave, velocity, probability and retrigger per sequence (or per track if you have a multritrack mode in any of them). There is also a probability per step.

Can step length of tracks be randomized?

It could but we don’t find it really useful atm. We could add it to the pattern randomizer if more people requests it.

Thanks for your feedback. If it is not clear enough in our website it’s not your fault.
It’s sometimes complicated to depict everything and do it briefly.

Your answer seems to say that each project can hold 64 patterns, each sequence can hold 16 patterns, which would make for 4 sequences per project. Is this correct?

Yes, that’s totally correct. We’ll fix it.

You have up to 64 steps per sequence, the grid has 16 colums so there are the typical 4 parts of 16 steps. Nothing new., but you can freely move, copy, paste steps and parts from one to another.

Talking about the song mode or arranger, there are like 4 arrangement tracks where you can visually “arrange” your patterns.

1 Like

This definitely kills any interest in the TS-1 and is a compact alternative to the Polyend Seq…
The Korg sq-64 was tempting but think I’ll hold off until this goes live, looks gorgeous too!

4 Likes

Signed up for an email, I plan to give one a shot. Any idea when?

1 Like

Thanks again, this made it clear. Looking forward to hear more of your project. Very interested to have a compact but powerful sequencer for a mobile setup :+1:

Hi! I’m part of the project as a feature and implementation counsellor.

You can define 4 sequences simultaneously, it doesn’t matter which type. That means you can have 4 multi-track sequences that will total 32 tracks, or 4 chord, mono or poly, or any combination of those.
Mono tracks are more performative and feature rich than individual tracks on multi-track for example, so it’s up to you decide the level of playability you need.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thanks, yes this is very clear now. I like how the OXI ONE project structure is made. It seems to have a couple of similarities to my SEQ12, but much more mobile. Highly interested to learn more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! Feel free to ask anything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will it work as live looper? Layering tracks and cv? And is it capable of doing polyrhytms?

What do you mean with live looper? You can record with or without overdubbing.

Layering tracks and cv?

Cv outputs are configured per sequence. For example, a mono sequence can output just gate and pitch or gate and pitch and velocity or a triggered envelope (with velocity controlled amplitude) and pitch and other modulation… Lots of combinations. Some of these combinations are directly available from the UI.
A poly or a chord sequence can have one trigger and several pitch cvs or several triggers and several pitch in case you need more than one trigger. If there are 4 notes playing and you only selected 3 pitch cvs, Oxi One will output only the 3 latest notes.

What do you mean with layering tracks?

And is it capable of doing polyrhytms?

Yes, you have independent start and end points for every sequence and, in the multitrack mode, for every track. Division is also independent per sequence and per track. You can even have division randomization. All I mentioned is currently implemented and we will post demo videos in our social media.

I believe thats polymeter. Polyrythm is when your tracks have different step lengths but start/end at the same time, effectively running at different speeds.

May 2021 !

You have both them with the typical divisions.
1/5 or 1/7 divisions not yet supported.

Seems like a really interesting sequencer! When I was reading through the features on the website I was really impressed, usually I find one or two little things quite easy, but it seems to basically have all features of a grown sequencer.

One thing, though…Most sequencers only let you edit the currently playing sequence, some let you call up or move to a different sequence for editing (E.g. variations on the TR8s, patterns on the Transistor Sound Labs Stepper Acid) - this would be a major thing when you´re jamming or playing live - do you have any plans for such a feature?

The more I read, the more confused I get about the relationships between tracks, sequences, patterns and parts, I’m afraid.

1 Like

E.g.

So … that can’t be 4 sequences total, so it must be 4 sequences within a something … but it’s not clear to me what the something is.

Sequences = tracks on Elektrons

Like a pattern on the Octatrack has 8 audio tracks and 8 midi tracks, on the Oxi One you have 4 sequences, each can be mono, poly, chord or multi.

At least that’s how I understand it…

Okayyyy … but I also read about "multi-track sequences ?

(@Schnork appreciate your help, BTW)

Multitrack transforms one of the sequences (tracks on Elektrons) into an eight track sequencer. Each of the 8 rows contains one mono sequencer, adjustable start/end point and each of those eight can output on a different midi channel.

If you’d set all four sequences to multi, you’d have 32 mono sequencers.

Hope that helps…

1 Like