Oxi One Hardware Sequencer

This is the most incredible MIDI sequencing concept I have ever seen, super excited to have pre-ordered. I backed this thing not knowing too much about it - a bit of a gamble based on the praise from fellow Elektronauts and the active engagement by its creators. But this is just awesome.

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

What we usually say is… OXI One can do a LOT of stuff, so everybody will find their feature that shines above the rest. For you it was clearly the Harmonizer, but make sure this thing is packed with sweet spots that can redefine a composition or performance act completely.

5 Likes

just… wow.

4 Likes

Yeah it seems pretty dang cool, almost like the option to turn any set up into an arranger keyboards accompaniment modes. I dunno for me I always really like the ideas of these modes and chord modes and scale modes, but when it actually comes to writing music with them it some how kills the vibe for me. They are really fun to just play around on though… and I’m sure they fit snugly into other people’s workflows.

2 Likes

I’m very interested in the Oxi One. I searched but can’t find it, can somebody please make a comparison between the Oxi One and the Squarp Pyramid?

I don’t know about the color choice, seems very crowded.
Personally I would’ve liked it more if everything was fully black as the Tap button.

There’s only three people with OXI One out there and none has Pyramid. You’ll have to wait for that I’m afraid.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I will wait.

1 Like

For me the moat important things are a flexible chord mode and a fast and intuitive drum sequencer. I get those things to an extent from the Launchpad Pro MK3 however the implementation of both these features in the OXI One appears lightyears ahead. With the harmoniser as well… Yeah, it looks like this is going to essentially replace the Launchpad. One thing I am concerned about from that perspective though is launching clips in Live, as I don’t have another piece of kit with which to do that. The OXI One’s 16x8 grid would be fantastic for launching wide rows of clips (I hate scrolling left and right in session view). I wonder if there is a way to make the OXI One interface with Live’s Session View or if this is just me going too far again. :rofl:

1 Like

Well, we are Ableton users too. We have thought making a “midi controller” firmware in the future, but the idea is that It’d run separately from the main firmware. Trying to add all that to the existing interface could make things cumbersome.

2 Likes

What an awesome looking device. I swore off dedicated hardware sequencers awhile back as I never found anything more intuitive than just using the Digitakt, but this thing may sway me back.

Did you ever determine whether you can get the Digitakt to change patterns as expected by sending a slight program change offset? This “issue” has bothered me for as long as I’ve had Elektron products. But if the Oxi One can serve as the main song mode sequencer, then this is a must purchase for me.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think it’s important enough to consider for initial release and I wouldn’t expect something like that to be on the main panel, especially as it isn’t a dedicated Live controller. The only way I could imagine it working would be as a ‘custom’ user mode and I’m not sure it even has that functionality. Besides, Launchpads are cheap enough to have separately to the OXI One for clip launching duties. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another one with no metronome. Seriously why? :weary:

I don’t get it. It’s such a simple but important and great feature to have.

This is a deal breaker for me.

1 Like

Connect a headphone to one of the gate outputs and you have it.

5 Likes

That’s not a metronome.

No it’s not, but It’s an useful workaround. Sorry to hear it’s a dealbreaker for you.

5 Likes

Very exotic idea… Could you elaborate on your exact use-case? How does your desired setup looks like?

2 Likes

I like to have a pre roll when I hit record as it just makes things easier.
For now that would include the Keystep Pro as it has the metronome function. (bought one today)
Not the greatest sequencer in the world but I’ll give it a go to see if I can deal with all the limitations it has.

1 Like

Well, we plan to add MIDI listen to toggle Rec on, this is a cleaner solution in our opinion. Just arm Rec, hit the first capacitive banana to MIDI you may have around and good to go, no need for pre roll.

Also, with Rec Extend enabled, once you hit Rec to stop recording, the length of the sequence is set accordingly.

5 Likes

One more on the awesom-o scale!

2 Likes