Overhub plus alternative MTT USB hubs

Hi, can anybody prove that Overhub not rebrand of this product ?
It’s the same manufacturer as originals one (name is on overhub sticker) , same case, looks the same.
Just the Chineese one doesn’t have MTT technology listed there.

Does anybody have pics of inside of overhub to compare chips/layout

Thanks!

Hahah nice find. Almost a 700% markup :sunglasses:

1 Like

There’s a big chance they are the same, Overhub is made by Blueendless Electronics Ltd :smiley:

To find the real profit margin you need to also consider graphic customization and shipping.

1 Like

Mine just has a sticker

After little research (all thanks to Rezpkt from DOA) these are the findings:
Overhub is produced by Bluendless Electronics Ltd. and the model number is BS-HUB3.0

Thsi pictures show inside of overhub. And we can see 2x GL3520 chips (that do the MTT stuff
) to handle 2x 4 usb ports

That alibaba link from my first post looks like is using same outside case like overhub, but MTT is not mentioned and PCB photo on alibaba looks different to the one up here. So it’s possible it’s not exactly overhub inside but looks like it from the outside.

on the other hand we can find usb 3.0 hubs that use exact same chip like one in Overhub - the GL3520 .

Example here:

In theory overhub and this cheap usb 3.0 should work the same as they are using the same chips inside.

Another HUB with the GL3520 chip
" Stable & Reliable

** GL3520 chip ensures faster and more stable data transfer."*

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71IqE2NY6DL.SL1001.jpg

I use these, they work perfectly.

Manhattan 7-Port USB 2.0 Ultra Hub, Plug and Play C Windows and Mac compatible (161039) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0035LXOPY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HgwvDbJACXMDK

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. What is your setup how many elektrons do you have plugged in to that hub?

I had RYTM and A4 mk1, DN and DT and also a Virus TI2.

1 Like

I run a Windows 10 PC and added a USB card with four ports and four controllers. You can find it in the “Special USB card” thread.

1 Like

Good to know about working and cheaper alternatives to Overhub. Cheers!

1 Like

It might be a stupid question…
By using the overhub can i run 2 overbridges at the same time ,for recording the audio of Ar and A4??

It should work. But it should also work for one which during the beta is problematic. So yes, but possibly with issues until OB is out of beta

I’ve used an Overhub for recording from A4 and Digitakt at the same time via OB, worked fine

Has anyone had success with 3 devices at once? I’m planning to plug in AR mk2 + A4 mk1 + Digitone with all 3 OB’s running simultaneously via an Overhub. Will my computer melt?

On my 2013 MBPr, I’m able to run AR, AF, and DN on Overbridge using Overhub at pretty low buffer rates in Logic Pro. In addition, I have exhausted the remaining USB ports on the Overhub for MIDI to other synths. I was not able to run Overbridge on my computer with any other MTT USB hub or by directly plugging into the computer.

1 Like

[Edited to make sense in the current thread]

Hi folks, trying to get my arms around this massive thread . . . do people still recommend the Overhub?

Looking around the various gear forums, I’ve heard everything from “It’s great!” to . . . the opposite of that.

How have people faired with better/cheaper alternatives?

I’ve only used traditional instruments and hardware synths up to now, so the two USBs on my Macbook Pro were plenty—Audio Interface goes into one, other one goes out to the SSD, and everything else is good, old fashioned audio jacks and 5-pin MIDI. Easy.

But I just ordered a MIDI keyboard, so now I need another USB port for the soft synths and to control the DAW to some extent. And the Macbook Pro just gives you two USB ports.

If it helps, here’s my typical setup:

• DAW: REAPER
  • Interface: Focusrite 18i8
  • Main Sampler: Digitakt — I’ve only messed around a little with OB and usually use the audio outs
  • MIDI keyboard: Keylab Essentials 49
  • Various mics/other non-USB instruments plugged into the interface that don’t factor in here.

So I’ve got two ideas:

1. Dedicate USB1 to the interface and get a hub for the SSD, Keylab, and maybe Overbridge.

2. Skip the hub and use USB1 for the interface and USB2 for the Keylab, and just record straight to SD using the MBP’s built-in card reader—no external drive.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Warnings?

Thanks so much!

In his review, BoBeats was able to run a Digitakt, Digitone & Analog Heat all at once through Overbridge via an Overhub, so you should be good:

1 Like