Overbridge With Universal Audio LUNA?

Hi there- wondering if overbridge works with Universal Audio’s new software LUNA?
Maybe I’m missing the point that Overbridge works as a plug in with any daw. I understand that digitakt with overbridge can separate the 8 tracks in the daw as opposed to having to get an Analog Rytm mkii and record 8 outs in when you can just connect via usb. very cool. let me know. Thanks!

LUNA doesn’t support VSTs, it’s a DAW for native UA plugins that run on their proprietary hardware. So overbridge won’t work.

That‘s not accurate. LUNA does support VSTs - instruments and effects.

1 Like

Testing this for you now. Just gotta update Overbridge after the Digitakt firmware update.

EDIT: Ok just tested it and can confirm that Overbridge DOES works in LUNA. (Tested with Digitakt on latest firmware 1.20 and corresponding Overbridge release).

5 Likes

Wow cool thank you!! Are you able to see and select the option for the internal 8 separate tracks show up in Luna to record via usb??

1 Like

Wow cool thank you!! Are you able to see and select the internal 8 seperate tracks show up in Luna ??

1 Like

As I said, it works, so yes, you can do everything in LUNA you could do in any other DAW with it.

EDIT: in the plugin, all eight tracks are addressable and play the sounds back that were previously set on the Digitakt.

I‘m not sure how multitracking with Overbridge works as I don‘t use it, but if it can be done through the plugin it can be done in LUNA.

The Digitakt can also be used as an audio interface (and probably streams its eight tracks via USB as well). But I suspect that you won‘t be able to use it in LUNA this way as LUNA is tied to your UAD Apollo (and to my mind doesn‘t allow selecting an alternative interface).

But again, if it can be done through the plugin, it can be done in LUNA.

2 Likes

Great news thank you!

Luna only supports Audio Units plugins. Not VST

Hi, i just try with my Digitakt and Digitone on Luna and its works good, the only thing i can t find yet how to make a multitraking (8chs) on this…but if not work now this…its for sure in anytime work it!

PD: also i installed some plug ins such us Isotope or waves factory and its works :slight_smile:

Watching this with some curiosity. I don’t quite get it, though :blush:can I multi-track record from the Digitakt into Luna or can’t I? :blush:

I tried to set up rytm with Luna, but disn not succeed. First the overbridge didn’t work until a second installation, and then could figure out how to get individual challnnels to record in Luna. Halp!

Luna does not support the multiple out functionnality of virtual instruments (yet).
You can’t use the multiple outs of Superior Drummer for example.
so I assume this is true for Overbridge.

so i tried recording overbridge in ableton and guitars in luna, and the ableton recording was trash. like 2 bits of depth.
still looking for a functioning workaround. (the guitarists want luna for the no latency amps)

1 Like

Perhaps you could use the capture feature of Overbridge? You will get each track in a different wave file that you can then drop in your DAW of choice?

1 Like

The Digitakt plugin appears in Luna as an Instrument and can be stopped and started using Luna, but I can’t record the input either as a summed stereo track or as individual tracks. Midi doesn’t seem to come in either. If anyone has done this please let me know how.

beside using overbridge, what would you say how does it sound in the summing? Any better then Logic, Live or Bitwig?

Universal Audio will have you believe it sounds better than a Neve console :slight_smile:

My experience with Luna was positive overall, fast to use for what it can do, frustrating for what it cannot do. It definitely sounds great and “coherent”, with the Neve Summing and all the other “Luna-ready” plugins.

Workflow wise it’s a little different though, so my personal take is the sound quality doesn’t warrant a total change in workflow.

1 Like

Persisting here wondering years later if anyone has been able to get via usb 8 track from a digitakt to show up how it would in ableton in Luna? Looking for a work around to not have to run stuff from a mpc or analog rhythm MKII to just have the digitakt 8 track capable load up in Luna daw like it does ableton. Thanks!

Just stumbled across this. I don’t seem to be able to get the separate tracks from the Digitakt. Has anyone managed to get this working?