Overbridge randomly stops working

I’m working on a live project and I have A4 & AR connected to Ableton Live 9.2.3 via OB(USB only) and Randomly this happens:

1: Overbridge stops sending audio but the devices still running. If I turn the device off and on again the audio will return but sometimes it won’t be in sync, which it’s not idea for a live performance.

2: The devices get out os sync regardless the setting, it seems the only way to get back in sync is to restart the DAW, but this is not a solution as I can’t afford to do this in a live scenario.

This happens for both devices. Anyone has an idea why this is happening?

1 Like

Came here with the same question.

I run 8 midi tracks each one with an external instrument routed to each one of the 1-8 DT tracks.

Randomly it just stops sending audio.

Have you found the reason for this behaviour?

same problem. I’m palying, I’m recording, and suddenly Digitakt sound stops coming over overbridge. If I stop everything and wait it while, it comes back, but, hmmm, that’s not great for workflow. Do I need bigger buffers somewhere?

You are not alone - Let Elektron know about your troubles and raise a ticket with support.

Find people in the same situation here:

I’m also having this problem Mac. Very frustrating - works for a bit and then overbridge disconnects and I need to restart all devices to get it working again.

Shut down OB engine, open OB control panel and go to settings, clear logs, then enable logging…if its not enabled…

Re start OB engine, start your DAW sessions and wait for it to drop out…

Right after the drop out, stop your DAW session, exit your DAW, close OB engine and go back to OB control panel settings and compress logs…

Open a ticket with support and attach logs…with an explanation of what is happening…

Devs don’t read your posts here and this would be the best way to get them the data they need to fix it… the more users that do this, the more data they have, the sooner it will be fixed…

I know its frustrating, but the way is the way…it will be more worth your time than posting here, and if we all do it through the correct channels our collective efforts will expedite a resolution…

1 Like

Did Elektron already mention if this is a problem that can be fixed by software?
I got an Analog Heat MKII and don’t know if I should return it while I can.

I have the problems in Windows and the Overbridge VST in Ableton Live.

Kinda same problem. OB has been working fine for years, now it will run for a little while then just lose connection with the units - AR, A4 and AH.

When this happened a few months ago, I could power the units off/on and it would work again. If I try this now it will crash the computer. I don’t know, but I guess it’s a combination of a Windows update/version, oberbridge and the USB hub. Strange thing is that it used to be super stable.

My fix is to order more analog inputs for my rig and just uninstalling overbridge altogether. I loved it when it worked, but these days it just takes more time troubleshooting, restarting, testing and installing updates then I get to actually make music with the thing.

I hope you guys have more luck than me with it, and as I said I loved it when it worked. Loved that it freed up inputs, loved total recall and the sync. But now it’s more of a hindrance than a tool in my studio.

Stay safe and creative,
Much love!

1 Like