Overbridge [pre-announcement and June 2015 launch]

Actually not facetious, I truly was excited to increase my vocabulary.

Thread now back off track…

… that overbridge, good eh ! back on track :wink:

my 2014 mac mini can barely handle finder, hoping it copes with overbridge, it will be fascinating to channel stuff to 8 (&4) discrete filters

Lol - be wary, if you’re going to wax cynical then please ensure that its against the naysayers please.

Heh, just having a laugh :slight_smile: You always have good input on things on here, much like right now.

I think the overbridge will be very cool for finalizing tracks. I don’t think I will mix VST’s or ITB stuff with hardware when making music, as I’ve worked towards having a great OTB setup, and I think I have it now, and that’s how I want to keep it.

But – I really don’t mind a simple way to multitrack performances and then apply slight corrections or EQ, etc., so I’m very excited for Overbridge.

Nugatory… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Master Yoda says OB will work alongside any audio interface at the beginning of that other same video, out loud. I thought that was answering some questions people asked… so… It seems worth posting that other same video.

Sorry for the inconvenience…

:alien:

Yes, multi-tracking sounds awesome.

You could even layer various sound fx along the timeline that’s not constrained by 4 bars.

So many cool ideas…

Release the BETA!!!

(loathe searching this forum)

anyone see anything about easily moving midi back and forth nicely? you know, apart from the recording midi.

Heh, 2011 MacBook Pro here… Hence my total lukewarm reaction to overbridge. Someday I might touch up on digital production again but for now I am square.

Heh, 2011 MacBook Pro here… Hence my total lukewarm reaction to overbridge. Someday I might touch up on digital production again but for now I am sq[/quote]
2014, 2011… try a 2008 Mac pro (The first gen of the steel towers) it’s always on it’s last legs pretty much, drag in an Ozone plugin and the spinny wheel of death deploys for about 2 minutes first. My GAS has always been with external gear though as replacing the Mac with Darth Vaders new Trashcan would be *%$#ing expensive in itself.

Heh, 2011 MacBook Pro here… Hence my total lukewarm reaction to overbridge. Someday I might touch up on digital production again but for now I am sq[/quote]
2014, 2011… try a 2008 Mac pro (The first gen of the steel towers) it’s always on it’s last legs pretty much, drag in an Ozone plugin and the spinny wheel of death deploys for about 2 minutes first. My GAS has always been with external gear though as replacing the Mac with Darth Vaders new Trashcan would be *%$#ing expensive in itself.[/quote]
2008? Word! Mac Pro is an overkill for me, a well dressed version costs as much as a small car. I can barely imagine where I would need that kind of power and what other gear I would rather get instead. I feel like that after seeing professional audio engineers do miracles with old laptops to record and mix classical music thanks to external gear. I hate the force fed updates and long compatibility waits of today’s Operating Systems.

IIRC Cenk has made mention of the capability to send midi both ways using OB in these videos, yes.

korgs electric did some interesting integration with ableton. i would like to see something like that with this plugin.

it would be stellar if overbridge grew some sequencer function. or they released a software sequencer.

the hardware is GREAT for creating, but crummy for organizing and arranging. imo.

2014, 2011… try a 2008 Mac pro (The first gen of the steel towers) it’s always on it’s last legs pretty much, drag in an Ozone plugin and the spinny wheel of death deploys for about 2 minutes first. My GAS has always been with external gear though as replacing the Mac with Darth Vaders new Trashcan would be *%$#ing expensive in itself.[/quote]
2008? Word! Mac Pro is an overkill for me, a well dressed version costs as much as a small car. I can barely imagine where I would need that kind of power and what other gear I would rather get instead. I feel like that after seeing professional audio engineers do miracles with old laptops to record and mix classical music thanks to external gear. I hate the force fed updates and long compatibility waits of today’s Operating Systems.[/quote]
I probably should’ve mentioned I’m a Video Editor so I’m always still in the mindset of getting a Mac I can put a capture card in (not that I can with the Trashcan) as well as for the grunt, even though After Effects apparently runs better on a Macbook pro still. An iMac should be fine for music production if you’re Apple-inclined.

IIRC Cenk has made mention of the capability to send midi both ways using OB in these videos, yes.[/quote]
My concern wouldn’t be about sending MIDI which is already easily achievable, but about sending patterns.

IIRC Cenk has made mention of the capability to send midi both ways using OB in these videos, yes.[/quote]
The way I heard that is that you can send midi from your DAW to the Elektron boxes, and that’s nothing new.

What I’am expecting about midi control is to be able to sequence patterns from OB. The song mode in the A4 is so weak… It is really not user friendly.

Because of that my workflow is mainly:
-program patterns in A4
-sample multiple time a pattern with live tweaking
-rearrange in the DAW

I’am pretty happy with this but I would like to be able to play a whole track in midi using Ableton Live and my A4.

Also I would totally love a sort of mini OB for my MD and MNM that just control the patterns.

The Virus Ti plug-in is a pain to bounce / freeze / render in Ableton.

I’m really hoping that Elektron get that bit sorted with Overbridge.

Have you tried using multi maps on the A4 for changing patterns from DAW? I find it way more intuitive and flexible then program changes. You can for example control both transpose and pattern changes using midi notes.

Posted this a while back on this topic: Multi Map to transpose and switch patterns

Come. On. Enough already, this is like apprentice trolling folks